• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

gettin rid of the abs system

yourconfusedhaha

NAXJA Forum User
i want to get rid of the abs system in my 00 xj, since none of my axles are set up for abs and the fuses have all been pulled, i would like to take that control thing out, not sure the correct name for it, looking at it today, can i just pull it all out and get some extensions for the lines that go to the axles and hook them up to the brake booster/cylinder/fluid holder, sorry having a brain fart and cant remember the correct name or do i have to pull the one from a non abs xj and use it?

you can remove the ABS pump. either get some hardlines from a non-ABS XJ, or bend and flare some new ones up. i recently snagged a set of lines at the j/y but havent installed them yet. its also helpfull to pull the pump if you are adding a snorkle.

you can remove the ABS pump. either get some hardlines from a non-ABS XJ, or bend and flare some new ones up. i recently snagged a set of lines at the j/y but havent installed them yet. its also helpfull to pull the pump if you are adding a snorkle.
yep don't attempt extensions on break lines. better to either make new ones or go junk yard hunting for some. beside you can never go to the j.y. to much :gee:

You can pull the ABS fuses and leave all the ABS plumbing in place. That is what I did and the brakes function normally.

You can pull the ABS fuses and leave all the ABS plumbing in place. That is what I did and the brakes function normally.

thats what i got now, but that pump takes up space that i could use for other things

all the junk yards by me suck, in the last 3 years iv been going iv never seen a cherokee older then 94 untill last week theres a 98 thats pretty much stripped of everything

thats what i got now, but that pump takes up space that i could use for other things

all the junk yards by me suck, in the last 3 years iv been going iv never seen a cherokee older then 94 untill last week theres a 98 thats pretty much stripped of everything
that sucks near me they are like 1990's and older so it is hard to find stuff like fenders or electrical for my 2000 :anon:

i just replaced the booster and master with a non abs style from the same year and used the lines and fittings from my old stuff, but did have to cut and flare 2 of them. works great.

91 xj limited. 5 and 1/2 inch lift, acos, 8.8, e locked, rock rails, corbue seats, tuffy console, removable doors, raised gas tank location, 33s grant wheel,rusty flares custom rear bumber, 4-56 gears.

Last edited:
Back