• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

steering anlges feedback needed

beakie

NAXJA Forum User
slowly putting together the high steer on the D30 (I know polishing a turd=:confused::dunno:)

anyway, its coming together, but I have a dilemma here now.

mocking the trac bar/tierod/draglink all up it seems I have a decision to make.

1. Mount the drag link ON TOP of the pitman arm. I can get better drag link-vs-tracbar angle. Plus I can fab up a bracket to make it double sheer for added strength (course gotta find out what the pitmans arms made of and if its ok wo weld to)

pic of the drag link (broom stick) above the pitman arm
ixQ4be087254-02.jpg

2. Leave the drag link below the pitman arm. Better angle on the heims. No fabbing required, but it leaves 1 of the 4 heims in single sheer.

pic of drag link below pitman arm
3mwHJM125127-02.jpg

I guess the 2nd pic doesn't show the angle of the heims, but the 2" height difference between over/under the pitman arm make the angles a bit different.
I could go over, and put bends in the drag link, but I'd like to keep it straight if possible to keep it looking clean and minimize flex.

So if there's any feedback out there on what you have done in a situation like this, or what you think I could/should do, it would be appreciated.

whats the track bar look like when lowered one hole on the mount?

i would leave the heim on the bottom of the pitman arm. angels will worsen with droop of the axle!

whats the track bar look like when lowered one hole on the mount?
dropping the trac bar actually makes the angles a little worse. since I can only drop the axle side, and the drag link I can only mess with the frame side.

i would leave the heim on the bottom of the pitman arm. angels will worsen with droop of the axle!
thats right, and thats what I didn't think of. I couldn't come up with any reason not to, glad you brought up that point up.

thanks.

looks like you need to fab a bracket for the frame mount of your track bar... judging by what your doing that will be a short task!

heim steering is very high on my list! yours is looking good!

waggy pitman arm.

Back