• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which adjustable / HD track bar to get?

Camo-5

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, I know someone is going to spaz on me, but I've read ALL the threads about track bars (many, many hours) and I still can't find an answer for what I want. Can anyone suggest a track bar for MY set up, not yours with 47" of lift and 300" tires please.....

My set up:

-97 XJ with a 3.5" (actually measures around 4") RE super ride lift including correct RE shocks
-Stock HP Dana 30 up front
-no discos (probably never will since I ride trails and never rocks)
-265/75r16 tires (32")

What I want:
I would like a HD adjustable track bar of some sort. I would also like the double shear style, I don't care if it has a bushing like the Rusty's on both ends. I also don't care if I need to buy a new bracket, actually I would prefer too. I DO NOT WANT A HEIM JOINT! This is my daily driver and I don't want to replace the stupid thing 20 times a year. I also don't want to listen to the thing 'pop' all the time.

I would buy the Rusty's, but I've heard people mention the HD one is for 5" and above lift and it will hit my diff cover since my lift is smaller. I've looked at the RE, JKS, Porc, TNT, Rock Krawler, etc, etc and can't find what I want. I may need to buy one brand bar and another brand bracket, that's fine also. I just can't find the info to put the system together!

Thanks for the input and I hate to sound like a smart a$$ but poeple wander off coarse some times from the actual request and the thread originator never gets the answer they need! :D

RE HD one with the brace.... rock solid, i have not heard mine "pop" at all, and since it has a rubber bushing at the axle end the sound transfer is minimum... i had a rusty's and it sucked... talk about going through bushings...

Something like this? http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/tbconversion.html

I bought stuff from him a few years ago, with outstanding results. I also like the stuff from JKS.

As far as Heim joints go, I've had a crossover steering setup with 4 QA1 joints for several years. I drove it as a DD outside of Chicago for at least 4 years, and still have the original joints without slop.

RE HD one with the brace.... rock solid, i have not heard mine "pop" at all, and since it has a rubber bushing at the axle end the sound transfer is minimum... i had a rusty's and it sucked... talk about going through bushings...

X2 on the RE HD one...

Nick

ChiXJeff, that's exactly what I'm looking for! I'm tempted to buy it right now, but I'm going to wait a day or two before I push the button to see what other suggestions I get.

Dgrig and Hanaxj87, I can't find a HD RE track bar for my 3.5" lift. They are all listed for 4.5" and above. The 1660 listed for my lift is not HD and doesn't work with the bracket.

RE HD with RE 3.5 Super flex in front on 31's. No pops, no issues. Believe the upper end is a JJ not a heim so no issue there. Kevin's looks OK for the price. He's got some comments at the bottom about the RE bracket flexing. Hard to see that occuring vs. the modified stock one he's selling but whatever.

As far as discos, even on trails you'll find they do wonders for smoothing out the ruts and keeping the cab from bouncing back and forth so don't close the door on those. Just get a used set of JKS or inexpensive set of something. You'll be amazed at how much better even the experience of dirt roads is.

RE HD with RE 3.5 Super flex in front on 31's. No pops, no issues. Believe the upper end is a JJ not a heim so no issue there. Kevin's looks OK for the price. He's got some comments at the bottom about the RE bracket flexing. Hard to see that occuring vs. the modified stock one he's selling but whatever.

As far as discos, even on trails you'll find they do wonders for smoothing out the ruts and keeping the cab from bouncing back and forth so don't close the door on those. Just get a used set of JKS or inexpensive set of something. You'll be amazed at how much better even the experience of dirt roads is.

I cant see the RE bracket flexing. The Rustys one I had flexed and I have seen a few break. But I have not been able to see one of the RE brackets give at all.

RE HD with the bracket and the brace.

I have the JKS bar with the RE bracket and brace, no issues with bolts loosening and it tightened the front end up considerably.

The RE HD track bar w/ my 3.5" RE lift was just a bit long and had to be trimmed about a 1/2" on the threads. This was needed to center my axle. I am very happy with the bar, by the way it replace the RE1600.

RE HD with brace FTW. Don't even bother with anything else, you'll just end up buying the RE down the road anyways.

I broke rusty's HD tracbar on the trail...not cool.

I will be another to jump on the RE HD Bandwagon. Mine has been on there for over 5 years. I did have to rebuild the joint at the body end but it was simple and has not given me any trouble since(4 years ago).

Another vote for the RE HD bar,bracket,AND Brace.

i'll be getting the KOR one soon, 1/2" bolts ftw. i just plated my axle end trackbar mount with 1/4" plate since its wallowed out so many times. should be good now.

KOR. Rubber on both ends. 2 years and counting. 3.5" lift. I want nothing else.

Wow! Lots of votes for the RE HD. Hmmmm....maybe I'll give them a call tomorrow and find out why it's listed for 4.5" and above if it works with thier 3.5" lifts......

The RE HD track bar w/ my 3.5" RE lift was just a bit long and had to be trimmed about a 1/2" on the threads. This was needed to center my axle. I am very happy with the bar, by the way it replace the RE1600.

Did you read this?

Yep, sure did. I also want to make sure there isn't another reason, so I figured a call to the factory before I spend $300 wouldn't hurt any......I will probably end up going with this one though....thanks.

Back