• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

key broke please help

SINCITY192

NAXJA Forum User
Hi i have a 88 xj inline 6 4.0 L

my key broke at the end that goes in man was i lucky to be able to pull the broken end out of the ignition.

my question is whats a quick fix i dont wanna change the switch dont have the money now

can i try to get the key copied or something i probably have a day or 2 at most to get this fix before i have to move the car.

thanks again guys

call a locksmith and see if he can make a new key. I did it when I lost the key to my hatch on my old 93. A guy came out put a blank key in wiggled it a lil took a rat tail file gave it the business and walla 10 minutes and 50 dollars later I had a new key. :banghead:

get a steering wheel puller, like $10 from cheapo store, pull it all apart, and start it with 10mm socket. that's what i did

ok guys thats why i love this site man u guys are so helpful sometimes u need a helping hand, u know but thanks i got the key made and get this it only cost me 5 bucks great fix couldnt be more happy

rather speedy solution

Back