• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Buy Black-WTH

Who cares? It's their money and it's a free country and more importantly, it's a free market. More power to them for supporting capitalism by supporting the principles of free choice.

Personally, I think it's stupid to 'cry foul' over something like this. Does it hurt you life? Does it reflect in anyway on you buying habits? Does it limit your choices?

On top of that, think about it. Don't most people look at the black community and say something to the affect of, "they're only poor and crime ridden because they won't help themselves?'

So why the sour grapes about people doing something to better their community?

So they drive 14 miles to get a gallon of milk,food, or toilet paper, that makes alot of sense. I can get everything I need by going less than a mile. And I don't care if the store is owned by white, brown, black, or purple people.

You should know that racism only goes in one direction.....

:rolleyes:

:thumbup:

You win the grand prize!

This is exactly why we still have racial divides in our country.

:thumbup:

You win the grand prize!

You guys are as much to blame as Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, or this couple. "That's racist!" :roflmao:

Seriously, it's their money, they can do what they want with it. You can do what ever you want with your money. Use it for shit paper, burn it or purchase something: who care's, it's their money. They earned it, they worked for it, it's theirs. Who are you to question or ridicule their fiscal choices?

Why?

What do you think would happen if I started a "Caucasian American" channel, store, or book section?

It's not about that aspect of it. It's about their choice to spend their money how ever they see fit.

And if someone raised up a shit storm because 'you' opened up a 'caucasion' store, channel, etc. . . I would point and laugh at them too. It's a free country, it's your money and you can do as you please with it.

Hell, there's the Christian Yellow pages. Look it up. There's plenty of Christians that go out of there way to shop at Christian owned stores and I don't have a problem with that either.

IT'S THEIR MONEY. They worked for it, they earned the right do as they see fit with it.

You guys are as much to blame as Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, or this couple. "That's racist!" :roflmao:

Seriously, it's their money, they can do what they want with it. You can do what ever you want with your money. Use it for shit paper, burn it or purchase something: who care's, it's their money. They earned it, they worked for it, it's theirs. Who are you to question or ridicule their fiscal choices?

They can do whatever they want with their money, but my opinion is that its ignorant and their actions are racially motivated.

Exactly how am I to blame? I do my best to only shop at locally owned stores. If the stores are owned by black/white/brown/yellow I don't care. I try to keep my money locally to help my neighbors.

Who are you to question or ridicule me for having a personal opinion?

Racism only exists because people keep making a big deal about it.

Yep, and Maggie and John Anderson decided to make a big deal out of race by discriminating against stores owned by anyone that isn't black.

This is exactly why we still have racial divides in our country.

Racism only exists because people keep making a big deal about it.
I concur with both. Racism exists because of people on both making a big deal out of race. Whether it's Tyra Banks doing her bazillionth "Focus on Race" episode where she dresses people up as other races so they can see what it's like, Jesse Jackson/Al Sharpton riling everybody up over some comment made by someone, or white people complaining about BET, shop black etc.

"That's racist!" :roflmao:
thatsracistfq8.gif

:D

Seriously though, I think this is just kinda silly. And it's true, if it were a white couple vowing to shop white, Alesse Sharckston would be all over them calling them racist bigots. Talking about blacks being "underrepresented in the ranks of entrepreneurship" like it's society's fault, not the fault of the blacks who choose not have their own business. So what if there's more whites than blacks owning toy stores? Not every statistic is meaningful.
But maybe I'm just mad because if I tried to shop black out here, I'd be starving, naked in the street...:D:D

I'd join. :) Find out more about my German/Polish heritage and maybe find out where the Irish comes from (it's on my black father's side).

One of the black kids, Tarryn I think was her name, said white history is about putting blacks as slaves. That is an example of how ignorant a lot of people can be, on both sides. Generalizing here, blacks always act like white history is nothing but slavery, whites act like blacks all hate them, Asians get their revenge behind the wheel. :D Just joking, but too many black people are "hung up" on slavery. Yes it happened. Yes, it sucked. But wait, it's over now. And they forget that it was largely their fellow Africans who sold them out to the slave ships. Or that slavery has existed in one form or another long before the African slave trade. Arabs held each other as slaves, Brits built a whole system on keeping the poor as slaves or "serfs". Things are tough all over, it's time for blacks to get over themselves and accept that we aren't the only ones to have been mistreated throughout history.

Back