• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thanks Doug!

Muddy Beast

NAXJA Forum User
Thanks for the early birthday present today! party1: Your welds turned out to work perfectly!

jeepdone.jpg

Jeep is sitting on its own on the driver side, passenger front has no front tire though as one of my axle shaft u-joints desided it doesn't want to allow a C-clip on...

Just need to do brakes, and install the '96 booster. Unfortunately I don't think I'll get it all done for this weekend to wheel like I wanted to, since I work tomorrow and Thursday.

~Scott

Looks good Scott! So how did you end up mounting your shocks? Similar to how I did mine?

Looks good Scott! So how did you end up mounting your shocks? Similar to how I did mine?

Still haven't, I figured I'd wait till it was under my rig to do that like you did. I'm hoping to do that friday...but that's assuming I finish all the brake stuff.

~Scott

I'm glad it worked out for you. Surprisingly, the welds to the diff and tubes turned out nicer looking than the ones to the perches and tubes. It should all be good to go though, I've welded two different sets of perches on, nothing has torn loose after 10 years of wheeling on them.

Yeah, I thought your plan to wheel this weekend was a bit ambitious given how much work you had left to do. Is it a new gearset in the 8.8"? Make sure you break them in properly, about 12-15 trips of about 10 miles each, speeds no greater than 40 mph. Allow the gears to cool between each trip, like 30 minutes or more. Commuting to work is great for this if it's within that mileage range and you can stay off of the freeway. Don't wheel it until the gears are broken in.

I'm glad it worked out for you. Surprisingly, the welds to the diff and tubes turned out nicer looking than the ones to the perches and tubes. It should all be good to go though, I've welded two different sets of perches on, nothing has torn loose after 10 years of wheeling on them.

Yeah, I thought your plan to wheel this weekend was a bit ambitious given how much work you had left to do. Is it a new gearset in the 8.8"? Make sure you break them in properly, about 12-15 trips of about 10 miles each, speeds no greater than 40 mph. Allow the gears to cool between each trip, like 30 minutes or more. Commuting to work is great for this if it's within that mileage range and you can stay off of the freeway. Don't wheel it until the gears are broken in.

Good call on the break in. John gave me a link but it only mentioned doing one 10-15mile ride and letting it cool. If I didn't have work this week...I'd be able to finish my rig, but since I do have work I won't likely be able to.

I'll be wrenching on my birthday it appears.

~Scott

Unfortunately I don't think I'll get it all done for this weekend to wheel like I wanted to, since I work tomorrow and Thursday.

~Scott

I hate having to work 2 days in a row! :gee:

I hate having to work 2 days in a row! :gee:

I was working 3 days in a row after school (so got home at 8) and one full weekend day, now I only work two week days after school. It's only a problem when I have stuff to do (like work on my Jeep).

~Scott

I was working 3 days in a row after school (so got home at 8) and one full weekend day, now I only work two week days after school. It's only a problem when I have stuff to do (like work on my Jeep).

~Scott

Welcome to a thing called 'life'.

Oh, and Doug FTMFW!

We better get a sweatpants dance this year again.

Welcome to a thing called 'life'.

Oh, and Doug FTMFW!

We better get a sweatpants dance this year again.

Exactly. That's why I'm just happy I have something to drive while I work on the Jeep.

~Scott

Back