• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dakota leafs???

dana44

NAXJA Forum User
Dumb question, guys!
I've seen people talking about Dakota leafs on XJ's. Dodge Dakota? Witch year? Do I use all the leafs? I know this is a dumb question, but.... I'm still wondering.
Thanks in advance
Arnt H. Andresen

Yes Dodge Dakota.....

You use all the leaves with your main leaf. Well at least that is what Ga Mike did I believe. Try a search.

Thats what I did on the wifes xj. Cut the eyes off the dakota mains and added them to the xj main leaf. I think 96 and down are the ones you can use. Mine were from a 92 I thinks. 4-4.5" lift.

yellowxj is right '96 and down are the springs and if you use them without the Dakota main leaf they give you about 3". With the main leaf and the eyes cut off they give about 4" or 4.5". The only one out of the XJ you use is your main leaf with the eyes on it.

yep, I am running them. I haven't used the main leaf of the dakota pack yet. Have been experimenting. Right now I have the three lower springs plus a rustys 3.5" AAL in my pack with 1.25" RE shackles and I am have 5".

Really flexes pretty well, probly better than most boughten packs that I have seen. The Dakota leaves by themselves flex really well and will stuff all the way to the bump stops with ease.

Thanks boys, I have not been able to locate any Dakota springs, but there is one crashed Dakota sitting in the yard at the Jeep/Chrysler dealer here in town, guess I will ask if the springs are for sale tomorrow. I'll be using them on my 4.7LV8 WJ conversion project. Thanks for the information, It's greatly appreciated.
Arnt H. Andresen

Back