• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wider front sway bar?

jdbwrx

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking for a slightly wider front sway bar.

Situation is, that between my front bumper tie in plates and the bolts head to hold all that in, my front sway bar is just a touch narrow. It hits the bolt heads when connected and makes a good racket on bumps. Also tags my aftermarket frame side track bar mount if it slides to the passenger side.

So, I was wondering if anyone knows of a slightly wider front sway bar that might be available. I had considered just using the 'ol Hi-lift to widen it out a touch, but thought before I risk bodily harm I would see if there are any bolt on options available.

I know I can shorten up the JSK disconnects some too, but I thought there was an optimum angle for the sway bar to be at in order to be more effecive.

I don't know of any wider anti sways that would work. LOL bending it with a high lift would be a bad idea. Maybe you could chain it to a telephone pole or something and yank on it with your Jeep. I have heard of them breaking though. I would hate for one to brake when going around a sharp corner, could possibly put you on your side.
I moved mine forward and flipped it upside down, its working great so far. I didn't like the way it hung down and affected my approach angle.

I'm pretty sure my front tire rubs the sway bar at full lock, so you may want to double check your clearance before trying to build/find a wider one.

I had a problem with my Custom 4x4 tow hook mount bolts coming in contact with my sway bar. I had to shave the head of one bolt and put a hose clamp on the sway bar so it didn't shift. Haven't had a problem in a long time.

i also had the problem with tow hook brackets and the swaybar hitting the bolt head. i ground down the bolt head.

as for the swaybar angle, how do you know yours is at the optimum angle?

I'm pretty sure my front tire rubs the sway bar at full lock, so you may want to double check your clearance before trying to build/find a wider one.

I've got wheel spacers in, so my tires are out further. Not worried about that.

Hose clamp, huh? I need new bushings in there too. Maybe between that and some sort of set up to keep it moving from side to side I'll be set.

But if anyone knows of a bar that is an 1/2" or so wider, let me know.

Yeah. I have a hose clamp on the right side, inboard of the bushing. It keeps the sway bar from moving to the right. Especially with the JKS Qds it can walk where ever it likes to. Maybe the anti-rock sway bar is wider, or at least offers more clearance?

Yeah. I have a hose clamp on the right side, inboard of the bushing. It keeps the sway bar from moving to the right. Especially with the JKS Qds it can walk where ever it likes to. Maybe the anti-rock sway bar is wider, or at least offers more clearance?

I'd like to do an anti-rock, but the finances aren't there right now.

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I just realized I have this problem, too. I got a set of disco's from a friend, and was hearing a clunk recently.

I looked the other day, and saw the bright shiny metal on the inside of my swaybar and on the head of one of the bolts that goes through the mounting plates of my Logan's metal winch bumper.

I think I'll just use grind down the head a few more mm's and then use the hose clamp method, as everything else seems good to go.

cheers! thanks for the HC idea!

-Brian

Back