• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Conqueror BaseCamp Safari Trailer

OverlandZJ

NAXJA Member # 101
I was recently in SC at my parents home when one of the guys on ExpeditionPortal posted needing a trailer brought up from Ga to NY. I was happy to assist as it meant i'd have the opportunity to look this over and get ideas for my trailer build and others here who also have a project in the works.

Trailer as i picked it up in Ga. Hardly knew it was there behind the King Ranch. Reportedly these BaseCamp models weigh in around 1765 lbs.

conqueror002.jpg

Once i got it back to SC i started taking pics. The dimensions on this trailer are 12" long, 6' wide, and 6' tall. They packed quite a bit in these units.

conqueror005.jpg

Nose box holding the batt/s and some storage.

Conqueror43.jpg

Conqueror45.jpg

Directly behind the nose box you'll find the two 20 gallon water cannisters.

Conqueror44.jpg

And the drain for these cannisters underneath.

Conqueror60.jpg

Last edited:
Starting along the side on drivers side is the first of two 5 gallon fuel canisters.

Conqueror48.jpg

These fuel cannisters are mounted to doors which open up to access the Wolfe pack storage containers at the very front of the main storage compartment.

Conqueror95.jpg

Located behind the fuel containers is the first wheelwell box which on drivers side is a wine rack/bottle rack. I somehow failed to get a pic of this.

Behind this box is the first of two propane mounts.

Conqueror51.jpg

On the back below the rack/tent setup is a stowed table.

Conqueror52.jpg

Around to the passenger side the support leg and second propane holder.

Conqueror54-1.jpg

Above the wheel is the second fenderwell box containing the power distribution ststem.

Conqueror55-1.jpg

Conqueror56.jpg

Above the power dist mounted to the side of the rack is the ladder.

Conqueror57.jpg

On to the tongue with i believe the surge brakes, rotationg coupler and hand brake setup.

Conqueror58.jpg

Conqueror59.jpg

I like how the tongue jack stowes up high and out of the way.

Conqueror63.jpg

Lights in front and rear of the rack.

Conqueror64-1.jpg

Back around to the rear of the trailer for the kitchen setup. These are incorporated into two boxes that swing out, and reveal the shovel, axe.

Conqueror67.jpg

Once you drop the tailgate you have access to the storage compartment, with the fridge slide mounted to the rear.

Conqueror73.jpg

Conqueror83.jpg

Also on the tailgate are aluminum panels that fold out and connect to the kitchen boxes.

Conqueror75.jpg

Conqueror76.jpg

Inside the storage comp you'll find the electrical junction box.

Conqueror71.jpg

The overhead light.

Conqueror72.jpg

Last edited:
Guy in the video looks like Walter (John Goodman) in The Big Lewbowski with that shirt. There's a lot of goodies in that trailer, it is pretty big tho.

Back