• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OME front TJ coils anyone?

Gojeep

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone running the 4" TJ OME coils on their XJ ( OME939 )?
What actual lift did you get out of them please, with or without bullbar or winch etc?

not OME but I am running WELL USED 4" TJ rough country coils on my XJ and I got 4" of lift.
supposedly TJ lift coils will net an XJ 1" less lift than what they are supposed to but that didnt happen for me.

1" less is what I was always told too. I did work out for me on the 4" TJ coils I have in there now and only gave 3". Really depends on if the coils were setup to carry and bullbar and winch and if you have them or not I guess.

I've never understood the 1" less comments, because the TJ is actually heavier than the XJ. Weights TJ=3,092-3832 lbs vs XJ=3,057-3,386 lbs.. Close but XJ is lighter stock.

As above I think too. Axle end is the same but the uppers sit at different height stock.

I ran 3" lift Teraflex TJ coils from 1990-2006 and they started with 3 75" of lift and sagged to 3.5" of lift. They also have a very soft spring rate. Once I added my bumper they sat just a hair over 3" of lift.

The guy I sold them to sent me a PM about a year after he bought them. He loves the ride and flex they have. He also said he got 3.5"of lift from them.

I had them set up for 6" of compression travel and 5" of down travel and the springs stayed seated when flexed.

I am running OME 939's on my 96 xj and have had them on for 2.5 years. With my brush guard, some extra steel behind my bumper, and an oem front skid plate, totaling maybe 90lbs, I am sitting a couple hairs above 20.5 inches at the front (or a solid three inches after all this time).

Last edited:
I am running OME 939's on my 96 xj and have had them on for 2.5 years. With my brush guard, some extra steel behind my bumper, and an oem front skid plate, totaling maybe 90lbs, I am sitting a couple hairs above 20.5 inches at the front (or a solid three inches after all this time).

This is great. Just the first hand experience I was after. :)
You happy with the ride and how is the lift left to right? Not leaning?
The TJ coils I have now just rub on the trackbar frame bracket at times as the overall diameter is slightly larger. Do you have this problem? The 930's I have in there now don't do it and are 5" round.

Back