• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Work party, April/ 25th

scottmcneal

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, darky is looking for some help with his lift..From what i got he is going to LONG ARMs..PLus some other stuff he needs to get done..I have to work this SATURDAY, but i'm trying to get done by noon..My garage has a swamp cooler in it, today when i got home it was 80, so it won't be hot..I'll bring you guys some ice for the ice chest i have here..
I know him and his wife would love to make the SO CAL FEST 09, i think that's the name of the run in BIG BEAR in MAY
DESERT RATS, we could use some HELP here:repair:
Jeff do you have a welder? If so is it 230 or 120?

PLEASE post your name up if you can make it..
Thank you

I would think 9 AM would be a good time to start, need to ask DARKY

Last edited:
Well, we'll see who else chimes in....but I'd like him to be able to get his stuff on before Big Bear. If enough people show to make it so I'm just gonna drink beer and talk poo, then maybe I'll pass....otherwise, like I say, I can probably stay until 1 or so....just have to be in OC by dinner. My neices first communion is Sunday and my sister's going a tad overboard IMHO. =)

Didn't see this before I posted in the Desert Rats thread...:D

Must install:
-Rock Krawler 3 link upgrade (already have lift installed, just going to the 3 link instead of short arms), will require minor welding on the crush sleeves after they are inserted into the holes in frame rail.
-BPEs up front, will do these this week.
-Boomerang shackles (lowering the rear by a half inch)
-CB radio, have used CB and new Firestik with no drill fender mount. I could probably work the install myself, but I know nothing about tuning one.

Would like to install:
-D30 4.88s
-D44 rear, needs studs pressed out and moved from 5x5.5 to 5x4.5, otherwise it's ready to bolt in
-Crossover shock mount

If it's here:
-JCR sliders

So anyone who knows how to do gears and/or can bring a welder...:)

Thanks again. This should be the last year when I have a short notice build occurring. Won't have any large upgrades coming in the future, until I do a cage, but that's a ways off. :D

Ill be there I dont think Ill be able to stay late. Im just an extra set of hands basically, dont know much about much....

I am a Porsche owner, of course I do. I'll bring a set, they're at the crispy castle

Didn't see this before I posted in the Desert Rats thread...:D

Must install:
-Rock Krawler 3 link upgrade (already have lift installed, just going to the 3 link instead of short arms), will require minor welding on the crush sleeves after they are inserted into the holes in frame rail.
-BPEs up front, will do these this week.
-Boomerang shackles (lowering the rear by a half inch)
-CB radio, have used CB and new Firestik with no drill fender mount. I could probably work the install myself, but I know nothing about tuning one.

Would like to install:
-D30 4.88s
-D44 rear, needs studs pressed out and moved from 5x5.5 to 5x4.5, otherwise it's ready to bolt in
-Crossover shock mount

If it's here:
-JCR sliders

So anyone who knows how to do gears and/or can bring a welder...:)

Thanks again. This should be the last year when I have a short notice build occurring. Won't have any large upgrades coming in the future, until I do a cage, but that's a ways off. :D

Dont try to press them out........ they are threaded. There is blue loctite on them so it may take some effort but they are NOT presses in.

I wont be able to make it but if there are any questions about the axle feel free to call.

Last edited:
I do not have a machine but I do weld.

Back