• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front hub bearings

x1990j

NAXJA Forum User
I have had my thirty threes on for about a month and i have noticed very rapid tire wear on my passenger tire. It is wearing really fast on the outside of the tire and almost none on the inside ( twards the motor ). Is this my bearings going out? OR did the shop put my tires on wrong?

Toe in sounds like got any pics? could be shocks could be you turn left too much

how do your ball joints look. lift the front end off the ground, can you see a gap on the bj(that one always makes me chuckle) between the knuckle and the boot?

Just move it to the other side. :jester:

Did the previous tire in that position exhibit the same wear?

Check your alignment.

OK is it my tie rod ball joints? Because my tie rod is a little bent anyways and in need of replacement. If it isnt that then what ball joint and where could i buy a replacement?

OK is it my tie rod ball joints? Because my tie rod is a little bent anyways and in need of replacement. If it isnt that then what ball joint and where could i buy a replacement?

Check your toe in. Tape measure OK. Should be about 1/8" shorter in front than in back. But that should not make the right side wear more than the left. Are you sure that you don't turn left faster than you turn right? (LOL)

ok, i looked at my jeep and noticed that the bad tire side is connected to the main steering arm ( with the steering stabalizer ), so that would mean that my tie rod being tweaked wouldnt cause the problem? also i need a way to check my hub bearings if there is any..... long story short i can get the whole front end steering parts that are good for free ( everything ) but that wont fix it if it is indeed the bearings. So i need to figure out if it is ball joints or bearings before i can continue to drive my heep ( it has completly ruined one tire already ) please help me the best you can. Thank you

well i know now that it is my ball joints. the work seems pretty involved but i am up to it, i just need to know a few things. first what brand or type of ball joints should i go with and do i need a press to do the job myself?

Back