• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best Rear Suspention Set-Up?

creepykrawler

NAXJA Forum User
Hey, So My left springs are flat and on the verge of bending downwards. I had to put a 3inch block in the rear to fix it for the time being. I am going to redue the back half of the suspention. I used to have the 4.5 RC add-a-leaf with a lift shackle. I want to go a little bigget when i redue it. I want to do the RE 5.5 spring pack, boomarang shackle, and bilstien 5125 shocks. Now the question is what brand has the best boomarang shackle? Is there even a big diffrence on all the diffrent brands? I was thinking about doing the UBE but then researched it and theres about a 50/50 responce on it. Alot of people think its just a waste of money. Do you think that the set up i mentioned up above is pretty decent for some weekend wheelin and daily driving or what would you add or change? Thank you everyone for your opinion.

One boomerang shackle should be as good as another.......steel and bushings. Nothing wrong with the setup you proposed.

Now, as far as what's the best rear suspension set up................. :D

Hes got 4 lil arms and a couple air shocks.... or coilovers... Idk, something he stole off some poor kids baja-bug

Only 3 arms..... :D

standard.jpg

I've found that the rear setup that works quite well for me are relatively flat leaf packs with a nice stiff spring rate and some long shackles. I'm running OME leafs fitted with two extra leafs and a RE 1.5" lift shackle. This gives around 6" of lift with very nice droop and upward flex as well as a good ride.

Back