• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need some help

alek21

NAXJA Forum User
i have a d44 that has no shock mounts or spring perches. i bought the perches and shock mounts but now i could really use some help getting them welded on.. i have heard that it is more complicated then just welding them on, have to set pinion angle? and maybe something else? i have no clue how to weld or do the other things. anyways if someone knows how do do that and can help me out that would be great. cant really pay much but i can definitely get food and drinks of your choice :D thanks a lot

If you can drag it out this way, we can work on it.
Having a lift really helps when doing a project like that.

I'd need to check the schedule around here. I know I'm busy on the
weekends for the next couple of weeks...

If you can drag it out this way, we can work on it.
Having a lift really helps when doing a project like that.

I'd need to check the schedule around here. I know I'm busy on the
weekends for the next couple of weeks...

yea i just finished installing the 5.5 RE long arm a couple days ago that came off the totaled jeep. ouch 3 hrs away! lol... thanks for the offer, if nobody closer offers up their help i will take you up on that! thanks man

I can help you do it but I'll just weld them where you tell me to put them...:cheers:

I can help you do it but I'll just weld them where you tell me to put them...:cheers:

yea.... but the thing is... i want my jeep to stay together... when you told me you welded your bumper on and a week later i saw it in person i was surprised to see that when you said welding your bumper on you really meant duct taping your bumper on. hahahahhah... jk that didnt happen, but it was a funny story :D

hahahahhahah well to be completely honest with you, the one on my red 4-door jeep wasn't so pretty. I will tell you it was strong and it held up but lets just say I did a lot of grinding...lol I have gotten a lot better since then though, classes at the college have really helped me out..hahah

back on track, seriously if you can get them lined up, my welders are always open for anyone who might need help!!

My welder is a 110 volt 135 amp job, which is really not enough to be working on stuff like that, or I'd gladly tell ya to come down here! Mine is more for hobby stuff or small fixes. :(

its all good thanks man :peace:

anybody else???? i really want to get this done before big bear!! thanks :D

i thought ur new xj has an 8.8 installed? going a different route with a dana 44?

i thought ur new xj has an 8.8 installed? going a different route with a dana 44?

The 8.8 has shit welds and the shock mounts are what you can say worse. The upper mounts are the rear track bar mounts welded to the body.

The previous owner used the 8.8 trackbar mounts for shock mounts.

If it was done right then I would say keep it but seeing that who really knows the internals of everything look like.

Just my .02 worth.

The 8.8 has shit welds and the shock mounts are what you can say worse. The upper mounts are the rear track bar mounts welded to the body.

If it was done right then I would say keep it but seeing that who really knows the internals of everything look like.

Just my .02 worth.

Damn Im all confused trying to read this makes me want some of the meds your on :gee:

I'm just busting your blistered balls Dennis

Just my .02 worth.
yikes scary:gag:

Back