• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front drive line

nitrospeed

NAXJA Forum User
So i have been trying to trace down a noise. so i spent the weekend replacing parts. axle u joints, unit bearings ( one was growling but not the noise) noise is a sqeeking noise that turns into a loud metal chatter at speed. so i changed the transfer case fluid and that didnt work. i think its the ball socket in the front drive line. i dropped the driveline and the flange on the case dose not make noise but with the drive line in it makes noises when you turn it. so i posted a thread in the for sale part with details if any one has anything laying around to local vancouver portalsnd area. thanks Jeff

Why not just replace the u-joints in the front driveline?

I didnt know i could buy that part. thanks for the heads up. It really hard just to buy a ujoint at the parts counter . wait till i throw this at them. (napa) (autozone)

Find a driveline shop and get the replacement Spicer parts. :) Hell, get a quote from them on a full rebuild. Have them replace the joints and the centering socket, then re-balance.

Back