• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

estacada

BigDog

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so I want to take my wife and the kids out to play a little bit. I don't want to drive all the way to TSF so I'm looking for someone that knows the way around estacada and wants to go out this weekend looking at heading out this saterday. I don't know anything out there and I never want to wheel with only one rig so I need someone to go along. I know little short notice but just wanted to get out for a few this saterday so anyone willing to go and show my noob @ss around or what?

Wish i could come along, i would even just bring the durango while my rig sits out of commission.

You can check out Goat mountain. talk to 88manche, he has a nice map that shows the area!

I'm takin off to the beach saturday morning and camping out at Sandlake for the night. weather is supposed to be nice (65ish) so im gonna throw a flag on the rig and let her drive on the sand. she misses having a quad.. this will give us both "a fix"..

yeah. a 4500lb pig in sand sounds boring, but it will make her happy...

lol yeah I know what you mean but even if I had a map and all I won't go out myself with out another rig let alone take mu familly out there without someone with us.

lol yeah I know what you mean but even if I had a map and all I won't go out myself with out another rig let alone take mu familly out there without someone with us.
ahh why not? now that you have the trusty "Hack saw" :dunce: you can fix anything:fuse:

Just go out Hwy 224 to Ripplebrook and take FS57 to the left and follow up till you cross a bridge and take a right and go down to Harriet Lake. You can follow same road back down to Hwy224.

or

Take a right at the branch and it is FS46 to FS63 and up the Collawash River. If yu happen to get into the snow please don't get stuck.

Just go out Hwy 224 to Ripplebrook and take FS57 to the left and follow up till you cross a bridge and take a right and go down to Harriet Lake. You can follow same road back down to Hwy224.

or

Take a right at the branch and it is FS46 to FS63 and up the Collawash River. If yu happen to get into the snow please don't get stuck.
I know I can find some places to play around in but just being on the safe side I don't want to take the familly out there without someone in another rig in case something happens. I know where Harriet lakes at some good fishing out there. Hooked up some nice size brout stock trout out there last year.
I'm starting to get the idea there isn't anything like TSF out there is there. I guess thats why we take that drive out to TSF then isn't lol

Ok so I want to take my wife and the kids out to play a little bit. I don't want to drive all the way to TSF so I'm looking for someone that knows the way around estacada and wants to go out this weekend looking at heading out this saterday. I don't know anything out there and I never want to wheel with only one rig so I need someone to go along. I know little short notice but just wanted to get out for a few this saterday so anyone willing to go and show my noob @ss around or what?

of you live in portland estacada is bout the same drive as tsf, and i never have worried about hitting tsf alone on a weekend becasue I always have ended up in a group of people running trails just because there always seems to be people up there.

trust me. TSF is NOT the same distance as estacada. i can be up to Goat in 30 mins. it takes atleast 90 minutes to get too tsf.

Depends on where in Portland you live. Granted my Address is Beaverton, but 4 blocks up the road its Portland. Estacaca is a ways for me.

If you go up there, just be responsible. If you go up hillockburn (SP?) most of the initial land you come to is owned by a logging company.. and your not supposed to be in it.. period..

Also, your not supposed to leave the forest roads.. in speaking with a ranger and logging patrol person up there, there are no designated OHV trails up there.

I like to go up there and mess around in the Quarries.. and maybe do some Target practice. Driving in the Snow is fun..

There is no wheeling like TSF, just becareful and don't get yourself fined.

Well hell then if there is no area to play in with out getting in trouble then no reason to go up there unless I'm going to go fishing hhhmmm That might not be a bad idea now that I think about it but can't get the familly to go fishing with me they hate fishing lol

Back