• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

San Diego Central M&G--is 4/15 or 4/22 better?

Carol.92124

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Regardless of any East County M&G, I'd like to continue the "central" San Diego M&G. We've been doing the 3rd Weds of the month. This year that falls on 4/15--Tax Day. Should we leave it as being on the 15th, or move it to the 22nd? I am looking for input as to who can make which day...

It will be at 6:30, back at the Bullpen Bar & Grill (right next to Cheetahs). Address is 8199 Clairemont Mesa Boulevard, on the south side of the street, just west of the 163, and east of the 805, in lovely Kearny Mesa/Clairemont Mesa. If the weather's nice, on the front patio. If it's cold/rainy, in the back room.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Carol - Both the 15th & 22nd work for me
What about you?

Think the 15th would be good. Post office's will be busy me thinks the bull pin not so much.

I'm ok with either, but I think it should generally be 15 days after the SoCalXJ M&G in North County (the 1st Wednesday after the 3rd Tuesday to make it simple :)). That way we have a regulary scheduled M&G every 2 weeks or so.

Honestly though, my opinion shouldn't count much as Wednesdays will likely not be good for me for a while.

15th, works. I have another car club meeting on the 4th Thursday and back to back meeting nights will not make our new doggie happy.

15th as it should be, and if you want, show up to the east county one too on the 8th, just to make it easy, i am going to eat dinner at the wrangler BBQ Pit on El Cajon blvd in El Cajon at 7pm on the 8th of april

15th as it should be, and if you want, show up to the east county one too on the 8th, just to make it easy, i am going to eat dinner at the wrangler BBQ Pit on El Cajon blvd in El Cajon at 7pm on the 8th of april

Good meeting you at the East County M&G. I'll be at the SD M&G on the 15th.

Any last votes? We seem to have one each of the days that can't make that day, so that's a wash. The 15th keeps it consistent with the "3rd Weds" theory, but any other feedback? I hopefully will be done with taxes by then (but then again, here I am, on NAXJA...).
Carol

Any last votes? We seem to have one each of the days that can't make that day, so that's a wash. The 15th keeps it consistent with the "3rd Weds" theory, but any other feedback? I hopefully will be done with taxes by then (but then again, here I am, on NAXJA...).
Carol
15th 15th 15th 15th 15th 15th 15th 15th 15th 15th 15th 15th :party::party:

:thumbup:

We're out. We are celebrating my wife and my birthday's with my parents Wed night.

For the future, I highly recommend keeping a set schedule so people can make plans for it each month. Either you can make it or you can't. You won't make everyone happy no matter how much you try. I vote for the 3rd Wed. each month. I would also limit on how often you move the location. I remember another club I was in, that did that and people were always going to the wrong location.

Have fun everyone.

i really dont know why there was ever any question, the 15th it is, weather carrol is there or not. and if you are not there, we will miss you too

Troy If I didn't make it who would cut up your food?

Troy If I didn't make it who would cut up your food?
I dont really know, but ted said he would chew it for me!!!!

Re: San Diego Central M&G--it is on 4/15 @ Bullpen

We're out. We are celebrating my wife and my birthday's with my parents Wed night.

For the future, I highly recommend keeping a set schedule so people can make plans for it each month. Either you can make it or you can't. You won't make everyone happy no matter how much you try. I vote for the 3rd Wed. each month. I would also limit on how often you move the location. I remember another club I was in, that did that and people were always going to the wrong location.

Have fun everyone.
Normally it is the 3rd Weds; it just happened to coincide with Tax Day this year, so I figured I'd double check. And an occasional change of venue (but not a constant change) is just in search of the best quality in food, beverage, and parking (Blind Lady had 2 of the 3--but parking sucked so bad you could've felt the suction without even going!).

For the record, I know from an earlier post that the 4th Weds wouldn't work for you. And it wouldn't have been an option, except for that whole IRS thing.

So we'll see everyone that can make it at the Bullpen in Clairemont Mesa, 6:30pm, Weds 4/15. Be glad I'm not one of those sickos that does "themes", or I'd request that everyone show up in Red, White & Blue to celebrate Tax Day! (gag)

Back