• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

It's me, the Silver ZJ! Bought some new/used part's.

SoreRunner

NAXJA Forum User
I picked up a NP242-J transfer case with linkage. Still need the center console gear selector interior trim plate. Also picked up a u-joint style front drive shaft off another 1998 5.9 ZJ and a front yoke. Should have them in this weekend or next. While buying the 242 though, the guy had a pair of 6 inch (of lift) front springs sitting next to the t/c. I bought them too! All parts cost me a whopping $330.00. I don't think it was too bad of deal. Had to drive to La Center for the t/c and springs. Got me out of the house I guess.

About the front drive shaft mishap...It works just fine, but vibrates like mad after 35-40 mph. So, still able to limp everywhere. I went straight from TSF to the Sherwood U-Pull It, then to the Foster U-Pull It, then to the Damacus U-Pull It. Nothing, but the U-joint style drive shafts. So, called Baxter's in Beaverton, and Napa in Beaverton, and Knecht's in Beaverton. Not a stocking item, but would cost 400.00 new. So getting a better drive shaft, yoke, springs, and t/c for $330 was a score for me!

Last edited:
was nice meeting you. glad to hear ya made it home ok. so what ended up being the issue with the CV ? lemme know if ya want a hand wrenchin on it.

It's was nice meeting you too! I will keep you informed on all needed help. Right now, waiting for the remaining taxes. Wednesday or Thursday is when I should see them. I will then purchase a RE Hack an Tap, 242 rebuild kit, and new U-Joints for the drive shaft. After all that is put together, I will install the yoke, drive shaft, and transfer. I might need a hand with the transfer MoJo. Let me know if you have a better or more ideal place for install then my street. Thanks to MoJo and Justin(nickname ?) for all your help!

Installed the front drive shaft today. Greased the zerks. Didn't need the yoke. Now I have a spare. Cool! All problems fixed and upgraded. Later this week, again I'm gonna order the RE Hack n Tap, and rebuild kit. Also, I will call NW Jeep for the interior trim for the T/C shifter price. Still need one. Anywhoo...

It was great to meet all the people I met this weekend and can't wait to do it again soon here.

Back