• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A FEW QUESTIONS ABOUT RE AAL

I know that with the full leaf packs you get more lift but what about the aal. I currently have a BB from Rusty's with the spacer and rear shackle, I am trying to decide if I should keep the shackle and add the aal to it and then use the 3.5 coils and 3/4 spacer for the front, I have the 1 3/4 spacer now but I am not sure if that would be too high for the front. I just want to make sure the thing is level, I really hate the whole raked look. I am also interested if the full length aal's will ride ok, my other option would to make an aal using a xj spring pack from a junk yard. Any comments would be appreciated.

I have the full length 3 inch lift aals from Rusty's. I have the larger spring rate add a leafs so the ride is a little bit stiffer but it is deffanately not unbearable. Also the rear sits at just about three inches.

Chris

when I bought my jeep it had a 4.5 inch lift kit in it, with drop brackets in the front and AAL in the back. wtf? but anyways the back passenger side is now sagging almost 3/4 inch more than the other side, and both sides are def. sagging... morale of story, AAL will be a cheap short time lift, they will sag in the future, and I speak from experience.... just my 2 cents...

I am not worried about sagging yet : P I just want to know you they ride ok or if I should ditch them and do the bastard packs. And also how much lift will they provide. They are brand new, I got the kit last week, I am just waiting for money for shocks and to sort out a few final details before installing them. I do not want to put the aal's on and then have to do it all again because they ride like crap or it sits way higher in the back

what you do is when you are ready to install the add a leaf, take them to a spring shop and for like 20 bucks they will rearc the springs to the same arc as the add a leaf then reassemble them. I guarentte you will have no sag becuase after 3 years I have no sag off my 4.5" add a leaf that i had this done to.

I am not trying to be a jerk but why is that everytime I start a thread nobody answers my questions and just chimes in with opinions and other stuff. All I was tring to find out is how much lift I can expect the 2.5 aal that comes with the 3.5 superflex kit and if it rides better than the short aal's.... Sorry for the frustration but I never get a direct answer and i thought that was the purposes of this forum.... I know that I am not the only broke bastard out there that could not afford to get the full leafs with the superflex kit... Thanks,

Ryan

i have the same thing expet mine is skyjacker... i got a full three inches out of my aal's with no sag. the ride will be rough not not real bad. if you plan on driving on the road i would get hydro shocks to help with the roughness. i hope this helps if not i guess i miss understood your question

Back