• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No more carpet....video of why. (not too bad)

Yeah thats one of the reasons I'm going to be taking the carpet out of mine and spraying the whole thing with bed liner.

Yeah thats one of the reasons I'm going to be taking the carpet out of mine and spraying the whole thing with bed liner.

Im really leaning towards the Hurculiner....Its only 100 bucks and schucks will give me 10% off....

was going to go with duplicolor but was discouraged when i talk to more people.

-PJ-

Im really leaning towards the Hurculiner....Its only 100 bucks and schucks will give me 10% off....

was going to go with duplicolor but was discouraged when i talk to more people.

-PJ-
I'll have to check in to that as well haven't decide on what yet just know the carpet is going to comeout and after seeing your flood there I know its really going to come out lol

I'll have to check in to that as well haven't decide on what yet just know the carpet is going to comeout and after seeing your flood there I know its really going to come out lol

i had to bail the water out with a beer can i found on the side of the trail after cutting the top off.

-PJ-

Thats a rough way to have to get the water out man.

Tell me about it.....I did however find out i have a LOT of drain plugs in the floor they are metal with a silicone around it...i need to find a place to get rubber body plugs to put in their place.

-PJ-

yeah... for someone else =D lol i like people to get stuck so i can pull em out lol
Yeah thats always fun to but none the less thats why I'm going to remove the carpet and do some kind of floor covering and put in some drain holes as well.

Tell me about it.....I did however find out i have a LOT of drain plugs in the floor they are metal with a silicone around it...i need to find a place to get rubber body plugs to put in their place.

-PJ-
Just look at it this way PJ this was just a push in the derection of getting the carpet out and putting in something different. You know you wanted to anyways.

Yeah thats always fun to but none the less thats why I'm going to remove the carpet and do some kind of floor covering and put in some drain holes as well.

i plan to remove the carpet in my 2000 xj to do a full floor covering like rhyno lining or that roll on stuff hurculiner, hopefully before i get into ur situation lol, i just really hope theres not an issue with wiring run along the floorboard that you'll have to loom and hide. your inside will look pretty sick once it's all covered and plugged with some rubber plugs... it will be alot easier to run a water hose inside to clean out the mud and soda spills!

Yep thats what I'm saying I know there are some wires in there to deal with but shouldn't be to bad half of them I put there when installing the stereo system lol Think I'm going to look for some kind of ruber or plastic to run them through. Going to have to do some looking around to see what is out there but sure can find something.

Yep thats what I'm saying I know there are some wires in there to deal with but shouldn't be to bad half of them I put there when installing the stereo system lol Think I'm going to look for some kind of ruber or plastic to run them through. Going to have to do some looking around to see what is out there but sure can find something.

why not those black looms they use for the engine bay? then just black tape it like every 6 inches or so... keep it tidy, then if it were me i'd get those little loop things where they look like a P where you feed the wire thru it then screw it down to the cab to hold it in place think that would look decent, and sorta hidden.

kinda look like the ones on the left only plastic
pandqclips.jpg

You know I like that and I think that would work well. Sorry if we have jacked the thread here but I guess in a sence we haven't still somewhat on subject here

I've gone the no carpet/herculiner route, here's some feedback.

It takes FOREVER for the smell to go away from that stuff. Plan on at least 3-4 good warm days for the stuff to dry and the smell to go away enough to even DRIVE it. Even then, it was weeks before it as "almost" gone. Any areas that get warm (above muffler) will start smelling again every time it gets hot.

There are a few wires under the carpet, but not too bad. I just re-routed them under the center console. There's one to the seatbelts, one for e-brake, more if you have power seats, etc. I also used Husky liners, they covered whatever wiring was left. What I ended up doing was scraping off as much of the herculiner as I could, just cut up a couple pieces of indoor/outdoor marine style carpet to put in the footwells, threw the husky liners over that, and called it good.

John

Back