• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

is my tranny mount shot?

markg

NAXJA Forum User
its the stock one.i replaced the motormounts recently and they were completely gone.i can push up on my tranfercase about 3/8 of an inch or so.should there be that much play?is there a stronger one out there?

there is a poly one available i believe but if you drive your XJ every day you will hate it. its harder than rubber, almost a hard plastic, and it doesnt absorb vibrations from the drivetrain as well as the stock mount does. most people put them in and cant stand the vibes so they take em back out.

if you've never changed it, its probably bad. they dont last very long when you wheel your rig, especially with bad motor mounts.

thanks for the info!autozone wants 55 bux is that worth it or should i go with a factory stock?

I would go with cheap stock tranny mount and spend some money on good motor mounts (M.O.R.E.).

i agree with john.

usually the motor mounts go, let the motor and trans move around excessively, and it tears the tranny mount. get good motor mounts that wont fail like that, and the stock tranny mount setup will be just fine.

thanks for the info!autozone wants 55 bux is that worth it or should i go with a factory stock?

It should be $32 at Autozone (Anchor brand)! I just bought another 2 days ago (buggered up the threads
mad.gif
)

EDIT: Oh, maybe you meant a Poly one? :dunno:

Billy

yes the autozone one was 35 bux! i have it now.i have a custom longarm xmember with a dropout center.can i replace this mount without removing the xmember?if it can be done without removing the stock xmember i think i can do it here too.

yes the autozone one was 35 bux! i have it now.i have a custom longarm xmember with a dropout center.can i replace this mount without removing the xmember?if it can be done without removing the stock xmember i think i can do it here too.

If you have a way to jack the tranny up about 5 inches higher than it is when sitting on the cross member. Maybe even higher if the depression is deeper than a couple inches
Billy

ok.....mine has no depression so i think ill just have to bring it up the amount of the thred sticking thru the bottom.

Back