• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Atomic Axels

4x4Fox

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking to install front and rear atomic axels. they say I can increase my tire size to a 37-40. I have an e-mail in to the techs to see the specs on this. I have a 93 XJ. If anyone has any info on these Axels let me know.

Fox:new:

4x4Fox said:
they say I can increase my tire size to a 37-40.

Fox:new:

I am pretty sure with 2.5 ton center centersection section 40's should be no problem. ;-)

seriously, even though they have been advertising for some time and the idea is sound, I have never seen even so much as a photo of these let alone talked to anyone who has them.

Cumorglas I know what you mean. That is why i was asking for any help? They say if it sounds to good....This looks like the same axel that the military Humvies run with 37" tires. i was wondering if it the same axel as the new Rover runs?

hummers run an amc 20 centersection. with some sort of cv outers.

these would be a ford nine center in a rigid case with u-joints and no actual movement. i don't know what they use for a center section n the 2.5 ton one.

their website sucks and i cant make firefox actually go to any pages inside it and i ll be damned if i'll use explorer.

i'd love to see one of these, but i am not holding my breath.

you gota be kiddin me.. Imagine IF one joint garnades! YOUR FKED! the entire insides would be screwed. What a horrible concept if you ask me. Looks nice, but daym if you ever have a defective part or just happen to get unlucky and brake anything.

Just do something that is proven or even used and abused and theres a verdict out on...

ROBERTK said:
Just do something that is proven or even used and abused and theres a verdict out on...
Nothing would ever get invented / used if you use this theory.

cumorglas said:
hummers run an amc 20 centersection. with some sort of cv outers.

these would be a ford nine center in a rigid case with u-joints and no actual movement. i don't know what they use for a center section n the 2.5 ton one.

their website sucks and i cant make firefox actually go to any pages inside it and i ll be damned if i'll use explorer.

i'd love to see one of these, but i am not holding my breath.

Their website is still "under construction" - sez so right across the top. Getting a little fancy, y'ask me (check my website for "simple and should work with anything...") but that's what they want, I guess...

5-90

BRIANHO13 said:
Nothing would ever get invented / used if you use this theory.

why would it not get invented? Thats a ingorant statement right there.

As for not getting used, true that.. I my self dont like to be the guinea pig for manufactures. And all to many use the consumer as just that.. Thats why rockkrawler is in such a catagory as a worthless product. They sacraficed constomer safety for thier own R&D, but then was to stupid to adjust products to thier costomers findings. Yes now they are a slight bit better, but thats another thread.

For someone to shell out what 7K-10K per axle unit, I think would be dumb at this point, concidering that NOT one real world experience is documented, even on the internet. SO if that is wrong to belive in your opinion so be it. But I think many would be in my belief of wait and see first.

aparke4 said:
they should donate a set to me for me to test and then report back here to
:NAXJA:

Hey lets see if this could be a NAXJA givaway...:D ,,Labor included of course.

Nothing like an axle that probably weights upwards of 7-800# i'd venture to guess.
when a currie RockJock D60 can be had with 35 spline shafts and disc brakes for between 5-6k I think. The Currie RJ60 rear housing can be picked up with one hand and It'll take 40's.
Then there is the True Hi 9 route.
spool it with 40 spline shafts and forget about it. and it'd be a helluva lot cheaper than the over dead axle.
rockwells have there place, which is in chevy's runing 700hp through the mud on 49" iroks.

according to overkill't website, they are made with Hi-9 centers, FF rear, Offset front and the housing weighs in at only 110 lbs. I definately think they've got the right name for the business but if you're got the money to do it, good for you. maybe one day when I get paid millions of dollars to rock crawl my rig I'll get a set, but I don't think these axles are going to be around for that long. Not when you have most the comp teams moving the centers right next to the pass. wheel you gain just as much ground clearance in the center for a hell of a lot less money..... Definatly a cool idea, but only realistic if the price is reasonable, which i'm sure it's far from

jeepnuts311 said:
dude i HIGHLY doubt that the overkill BS weighs in at 110lb my dana 44 weighs well over 250 with chromos in it.

-Tim

He said housing. Housing, not fully dressed axle. Being a removable third member I can actually see this being possible. But I can also see it getting beat up pretty bad if thats the case.

the 110 pounds is for the housing; no shafts, no carrier, no gears, etc. my Toyota axle striped down like that is probably 30 pounds, but when all assembled is close to 200.

Camo on Pirate posted pictures of a guy who basically built one of these a few years ago. he used a hummer centersection, axles, CVs, hubs, etc and just fabricated a rigid assembly for it.

Back