• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

did my lift sag!?

jeeper98xj

NAXJA Forum User
so well i know my first mistake was going through rustys but whatever... i got the 4.5 full leaf pack a year ago and today i was next to another guy with the same lift and his was like an inch or two higher then mine..anyone have measurments of the coils or another way of figuring out if its sagin or not
Dan

Re: did my lift sage!?

is it sage like the bush, or sag? jk

leaves and coils can sag over time. other things can effect lift height such as addition of aftermarket bumpers, winch, heavy armor, tire carriers and cargo loads. also, the rear shackles have a lot to do with it too- my cRustys leaves did not settle for 2+ years while i had stock shackles on. only after mid last year when i put on MJ shackles did it settle out. also, if there was no weight on the leaves when the shackle bolts were torqued down could lead to not letting the spring pack settle.

hth

If all you do is MALL crawling you won't sage for a long time.. Sorry had too. But when the guy was next to you, did you look at his tires? He could have taller tires

I've had my front and rear Rustys springs (springs only) for a month now and no sageing yet. Had his 3.5 pack for 3 years and only sagged .5"..

na we have the same size tires.. he had bfg mudd i have super swampers my bumpers are not that heavey and my winch didnt make the front dip at all when i first put it on maybe after time its made the front SAG; happy now! to all you school teachers on here? ha cheers
Dan

Dude we like to fu*@ with people thats all..Hell i get it all the time..I beat mine alot so they sag faster than the norm..Hell i flixed my lower control mounts right off the front end..It sits real low in front now ....LOL

all though i dont go as much as i would like b/c i got that wedding thing to pay for in june.. but its not a mall crawl when im out there i flex the crap out of it..

haha i know im just giving it backthats all i dont mind it. yeah the one dude i meet up with didnt wheel it nearly as much as i have and the other one was deff a mall crawler i mean i didnt know him but the thing didnthave a cratch or dent on it just some dirt..unlike mine which has dents and scratches all over like it should haha

I've never seen the terms "Rusty's" and "sage" in the same paragraph. ;)

Most springs sag or settle over time. The good ones don't settle much and retain their ride characteristics. From what I hear, the words "Rusty's" and "good" don't appear much in the same paragraph either.

rusty does make a short arm 6.5" kit.............

did you do the leaf pack with shackle or just leaf pack?

just the leaf pack no shackle...say if i put a snackle and spacer on for more hight would that mess the drive line angles up, and would it just compress the spring after time? i am running a tom wood front ds b/c it started to vib. so would i be back in the same possition if i put shackles and spacers on?

Back