• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

open air xj

vigman

NAXJA Forum User
I have a plan to make my xj an open air jeep similar to that of the jeep wrangler with the exception, where the wrangler goes straight out then down after the crossbar, i plan on doing a diagnal pipe from the crossbar straight to the floorboard behind the rear wheelwell. Essentially i plan on getting an roll cage cutting the roof off approximately at the bottom of the window, making a tail-gate and putting on a rag-top and making removible doors. I was wondering if anybody had done this successfuly before and if any body had any tips for me such as areas to reinforce so as to maintain structural integrity and well... overall ease of modification would be greatly apreciated.

Thanks
Vig

Been done a million times on Pirate 4x4. Lurk their forum for a while and you will find tons of information on chopping the top. Just make sure you cage it otherwise it will fold like a taco.

Back