• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Budget Boost gone bad Steering 90deg out

dawerm

NAXJA Forum User
Okay I was going for a BB but i Just happened to run across a couple beefed up Red coil springs on my last trip to the yard and decided that for $9 per I couldn't pass it up. Yesterday I decided to put the springs on to get an Ideal of what I was going to gain from them and it was 4"+ which is Awesome. Although my steering wheel is 90 Degrees out now so obviously I'm going to need more components.

Some Insight on what those are is what I'm looking for :confused:

Damn, gotta love that deal - $18 for 4" springs! - An sdjustable track bar is probably what you're going to need - although I would just adjust the tierod to get the steering right - shouldn't take much.

your draglink is adjustable. Just turn the collar on it to re-center your steering wheel. At 4" you'll prob. be wanting new lower control arms and/or drop brackets, extended brake lines, adjustable track bar, upgrade your tie rod to a v8 zj one from the junkyard. If you get any vibes, try a tcase drop or go with a sye if you have to. I prob. missed something, but I think that's about it.

Awesome I was thinking I was gonna hear $$$ is there am I gonna need an alignment in the end. I'm not really too worried about a lil vibration

What did the springs come out of? Was it a modified xj? If not, chances are that the spring rate is going to make things very uncomfortable.

The springs came off of a lifted MJ. Grab the Pittman too got it. Also I snagged a little bracket off a the axle side of an XJ track-bar. Looks like it dropps the track bar and changes the angle a little, does anyone happen to know if/how it might help/hurt. Ive never seen one before and Ive searched for it and found nothing.

Back