• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is your floor supposed to get hot?

The trans. hump will get hot if you have an auto. The pass. side floorboard will get hot above the cat. & muffler. JIM.

You could fab up a home-ade heat shield, but yes it is normal.

I was thinking about that, puting some insulating material underneath the carpet,it's that what you meant ? Thanks
that would work, but a sheet of thin aluminum attached to the underbody above the cat would also work.

Hows your acceleration? Particularly up hills. Sluggish? Does your temp needle climb as your Jeep does?

While the passenger floor gets warm, if your cat is clogged it will get very hot. You also will run hotter when putting a load on the engine.

Hows your acceleration? Particularly up hills. Sluggish? Does your temp needle climb as your Jeep does?

While the passenger floor gets warm, if your cat is clogged it will get very hot. You also will run hotter when putting a load on the engine.

Engine temp is fine, I don't use the truck much for of road though,got the V8 ZJ for that...I should check if the cat is clogged from your advice, I can get it to run up to 180 km ,the truck is heavier than normal cause it's balisticaly armored(adds about 400 pounds),bought it like that so I can't compare it to a regular xj...Thanks

Engine temp is fine, I don't use the truck much for of road though,got the V8 ZJ for that...I should check if the cat is clogged from your advice, I can get it to run up to 180 km ,the truck is heavier than normal cause it's balisticaly armored(adds about 400 pounds),bought it like that so I can't compare it to a regular xj...Thanks

armored as in alpine armory ?... let me guess its a 2.5L diesel...

Nop,it's a 4.0...I'm sorry but i don't know whay alpine armory is...it's armored as in bulletproof, very thick and heavy glasses,kevlar in the body,etc...
I realize most of it's got to be covered, but could you post up some photos of any exposed pieces? 'Sounds like a cool find. Has it got full bullet-resistant glass?

I realize most of it's got to be covered, but could you post up some photos of any exposed pieces? 'Sounds like a cool find. Has it got full bullet-resistant glass?
Yes ,the glass is bullet proof for handguns up to 44 magnum,I could post a pic of the windows rolled down ,but somehow I don't know how to upload pics here...if you can help me I'll gladly post some..

can you guys see the picture ,I just see a liitle box...

Last edited:
Yes ,the glass is bullet proof for handguns up to 44 magnum,I could post a pic of the windows rolled down ,but somehow I don't know how to upload pics here...if you can help me I'll gladly post some..
Get a photobucket account and upload them to there, then use the "img" code and paste right in here.

I can see the link, thanks for posting. Also Alpine armor still has quite a few 2.5l diesels with armor still available.
I get it now Derek, I didn't know what Alpine armoring was,now I see it's an armoring company in the States...I wonder why they would armor diesels, since they are slower and withe the added weight of the armoring...not good to escape if you are in a situation...since virtually any gas car is going to be faster than you..

Back