• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Maxxis Bighorn's

HaleYes

NAXJA Forum User
I searched around and really didn't find much on these. Who runs them and what is your opinion on them? I've got the bug for bigger rubber and found a decent deal on these. Just curious as to others opinions on them.
TIA.

maxxis%20bighorn.jpg

87manche said:
Search N00B!
Jusat kidding mike, I've been doing mad tire research lately, and the bighorns seemed to be liked by people that run them. An awful lot lke an MTR, perhaps slightly better in the muck from what I understand.
Links:
http://www.yotatech.com/showthread.php?t=61130
http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71316
Thanks Nate! I actually found those already. :D Just thought I'd ask here to see what the great people of NAXJA had to say. They do look alot like an MTR, but everyone seems to agree they do pretty good in the gooey stuff.:dunno:

I like mine. I have only run them a few times on the trails. But I aired them down to ~18 psi and back up again and they have held up fine. They don't make too much noise and the balanced well considering the lugs. I love this tire for the price, but I don't have more than 1,000 miles on them, so I may change my mind in about 20,000 miles or so.

Bighorns are a fantastic tire, I've had mine over a year now.

They're priced right, crazy trail traction at 9lbs, great on
the street/rain/snow...no punctures to date..

As a previous SuperSwamper TrXus fan, I can honestly say
the BigHorns out perform them in every way, hardly compareable.

Detour said:
Bighorns are a fantastic tire, I've had mine over a year now.

They're priced right, crazy trail traction at 9lbs, great on
the street/rain/snow...no punctures to date..

As a previous SuperSwamper TrXus fan, I can honestly say
the BigHorns out perform them in every way, hardly compareable.

I think you just convinced me.

Thanks fellas!

Now, I need to figure out where to purchase these......

Haleyes said:
I think you just convinced me.

Thanks fellas!

Now, I need to figure out where to purchase these......
I actually saw some great deals on e-bay w/free shipping.

Skullvarian said:
I actually saw some great deals on e-bay w/free shipping.
Yeah, that's a good deal. I found that too. I'm waiting to hear back from the e-bay guy on a set of 5. I stopped by the place I do business with here in town, he's supposed to get me a quote later this afternoon. Probably go with whoever is cheaper.L:D

I'll be doing a happy dance when I'm rolln' on 33's!! I do need to get rid of a good set of 30's if anyone is interested.

Do they make these in 35s? I cannot find the website for them. I ran a Maxxis on my Yamaha R-1. Can't say they lasted long though but neither did the Power Races' from good old Frog Tire Corporation (Michelin).... lol

Haleyes said:
Yeah, that's a good deal. I found that too. I'm waiting to hear back from the e-bay guy on a set of 5. I stopped by the place I do business with here in town, he's supposed to get me a quote later this afternoon. Probably go with whoever is cheaper.L:D

I'll be doing a happy dance when I'm rolln' on 33's!! I do need to get rid of a good set of 30's if anyone is interested.

The eBay guy (Mac's tire bin) will tell you to buy-it-now on his 4 tire auction, and then buy the extra from his other auction at 133+shipping. I messaged him a few weeks ago with the same Qestion.

XJack said:
The eBay guy (Mac's tire bin) will tell you to buy-it-now on his 4 tire auction, and then buy the extra from his other auction at 133+shipping. I messaged him a few weeks ago with the same Qestion.

I called and talked to "Jason" today on the phone. He quoted me $667.50 for 5. That's the best deal I've found so far.
I can't find anyone local that can even get them! I get "Maxi Longhorn what?" Jeebus...... Even called their distributor, and still nothing.

Last edited:
:roflmao: holy crap man they even have bfg krawlers in the 35 flavor for $100.

Awsome tires! I got mine in Abilene Texas at GCR tire...its mainly a big rig tire place but they ordered them for me and they were there the next day,.

Notice the chunks of mud on the hood, and please excuse the YJ, I finally came to my senses!

My "new" rig

Heres another pic of the Maxxis Bighorn in 33x12.5 flavor

Last edited:
Back