• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Having problems with my horn, any ideas?

onesic6

NAXJA Forum User
ok so about 6 months ago my jeeps airbag went off, so I pulled the stearing wheel and put a cheap grant one on until I got a new airbag and stuff. The Grant stearing wheel would not fit with the clockspring so I took it off at the time. now I got everything that I needed to make it work and hooked it all up and now the horn does not work. It did work after the airbag went off and before I pulled the steering wheel. I have run a volt meter to the black wire coming out of the clockspring and to the stearing shaft and it gets 12v and you can hear the clockspring making a clicking sound when you touch the wire to the shaft or when it is hooked to the buttons and you push the buttons but nothing out of the horns. My question is does this sound like a problem with the horns or something between the clockspring and the wheel? also I don't know what fuse to check because my fuse cover is missing so im not sure which one is for the horn, if anyone could chim in on that? anything else I could check?

Back