• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leaf Spring Assist Kit

2001JeepXJNS

NAXJA Forum User
Hello I installed the Leaf Spring Assist Kit from Autozone and it really doesn't seem to have helped as much as I hoped. Maybe added a 1/2 inch of lift. I am not sure if I installed it correctly: Questions

Placement - How far back should the go?

Rear Bracket - How tight should the small bracket toward the end be?

IMG_0713.jpg

IMG_0714.jpg

Thanks!

That looks right , I have mine setup in the same position. They really don't add more lift, more of an overload spring. I installed mine to compensate for a high lift jack camping gear fat dog etc.
sixer

Yea, it helps with overload so that it won't sink quite so much when you get a load or heavy tongue weight on say a rental trailer. If you want lift you need springs with the correct arch.

Actually, I would move it more toward the axle...the clamping part closer to the axle tube.

Also, those springs should be 'adjustable' according to where and if you use the 'rivet' near the clamp. Did you use the rivet, if not, you might try it to see if it gives you any more lift.

I found that without the rivet, I got about 1/2" lift....when I used the rivet in its lowest position, it gave another 1/2" or so.

I put a set of these on my Jeep when I was towing. I found that it was good for a heavy load (not a fat dog) but 1.) when I was wheeling they severly limited articulation and 2.) when I was on the road they just gave me a rougher ride and tended to "pull" my leafs down, instead of offering any kind of lift.

So, good for towing, and heavier loads (I love the fat dog reference) but not so hot the rest of the time. I took mine off.

^the link you just posted has two views, one with the bolt ends up, one with the bolt ends down. The "real" pic has them the same way the O/P does.

Back