• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Am I missing something here?

Pen_Two

NAXJA Forum User
I'm going to assume I'm not delusional and what not, but I can't get the rear drum apart. I've sprayed probably a can a PB Blaster and a can of WD-40 on it and it just won't budge. Are there screws that I'm missing or is it just that seized to the assembly?

Last edited:
I'm going to assume I'm not delusional and what not, but I can't get the rear drum apart. I've sprayed probably a can a PB Blaster and a can of WD-40 on it and it just won't budge. Are there screws that I'm missing or is it just that seized to the assembly?

Is the emergency brake released? Sorry I had to ask! If it is then its just stuck, whack it with a hammer all the way around to un-sieze it. You may have to hammer it from behind to beat it off.

It spins, freely if I try so I can guess it's not locked up that way.

So I'm not missing some little bolt or scew somewhere? I do however think I've been beating the hell out of it for the last hour.

Nope, no bolts holding it on! Its just stuck to the axle flange. Heat and beat!!

I had the same problem with one of mine; '87, rear drum, wouldn't budge, even with long pry bars and a 2 lb ball peen hammer. I bought a 3lb dead blow hammer. It popped right off.

Back