• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

poping while making sharp turns

I have the popping, its much more noticable when making sharp turns in reverse, but still occurs sometimes moving forward.
Just replaced the ujoints on the axle, not much difference if any to the noise... will look to the drive shaft ujoint next and hope for the best.
Without ever going under and letting someone reverse slowly while turning and me down listening to it I think it sounds more like the linkage up front... be it steering, control arms I dunno. Hopefully the DS ujoint will fix it.

Check your coil spring retainer tabs, one of mine backed off and it allowed the spring to move and make a popping sound if I was turning and or hitting a bump...

Used to be my RE track bar heim joint, last new one I slathered in grease to act as a dust boot, cannot tell you how well it extends the life, looks so trashy, though.

I still get another weird popping noise, always from standstill into reverse or drive (usually the latter), hung out door and noticed MAJOR play being taken' up by RE uc and lc arms. 75k miles in tires w/absolutely no abnormal wear makes me not give a hoot.

Also check your steering box bolts and make sure that they are tight. They like to come loose especially if you wheel your rig.

A LOT of times a sharp popping noise up front comes from the trackbar bracket being loose on the uni-body...

I will look into each of these problems, with hopes one will cure whats ailing me.
thanks

Back