• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trail Schedule

planefixer

NAXJA Forum User
This is a tentative trail schedule, subject to change.

I need volunteers for trail leaders.

Monday: Mt. Antero/Baldwin Lakes or Mt. Princeton or Pomeroy lakes
Tuesday: Grizzly Lake & Iron Chest
Wednesday: Wheeler Lake
Thursday: Hancock Pass/Tomichi Pass return via Monarch Pass (Hwy 50). Alternate route: Hancock Pass/Cumberland Pass/Tincup Pass
Friday: Tincup Pass/Cottonwood Pass - back by mid-late afternoon for dinner and raffle.
Saturday: Chinaman Gulch - ladies encouraged to drive - need to hit the trail early to beat the crowds.

Thursday/Friday overnight trip: Holycross
Minimum vehicle requirements ( additional to the standard :NAXJA: requirements) for Holycross:
33" tires
Rear locker
Vehicle damage very possible

Hardcore Trails: Indy, Carnage gulch - just like it says HARDCORE- minimum vehicle requirements and scheduling to be discussed in camp.
Led is in charge of the hardcore trails.

Dinner and raffle will be friday evening starting around 5:00 p.m.

This is just a rough schedule and open for day-by-day discussion at the event (we can change the schedule as necessary if need be).If you want to run a different trail on a particular day, feel free to do so, as long as you have at least one other vehicle willing to go with you- never wheel alone, and make sure we know where you are going.

I seem to own Hancock Pass, so mark me down. Haven't done Tomichi, hope we can this year.

Fred

well what trails ill be running will be determined by whats done to jeep by then....
but i have time off...so count me in for just about anything

If I wanted to meet you Thursday night and camp then run Holy Cross with ya when and where could we meet.

If I wanted to meet you Thursday night and camp then run Holy Cross with ya when and where could we meet.

JD,

We're running UP Holy Cross on Thursday, camping that night then heading down Holy Cross Friday morning and then back to camp for dinner and raffle.

You could certainly head up Friday morning early to Holy Cross and probably beat us to French Creek - then run back down with the group....... :dunno:

When is the Indy trip?

The Indy trip is tentative due to the almost 90 mile drive (each way) to get there.More than likely Carnage will be the hardcore run.We usually discuss it in camp early in the week and if we do an Indy run it will most likely be Wednesday or Thursday.Led is in charge of the hardcore stuff so we'll get him to make a decision ASAP. :thumbup:

JD,

We're running UP Holy Cross on Thursday, camping that night then heading down Holy Cross Friday morning and then back to camp for dinner and raffle.

You could certainly head up Friday morning early to Holy Cross and probably beat us to French Creek - then run back down with the group....... :dunno:
OH I see. I gota work thursday so probley won't make it. :rattle:
I'm gona try and take off work all week next year.

Along the same lines as JD, I'm looking to come out Thursday and join the overnight run for Holy Cross. Should I meet up at the camp site? What time will everyone head out?

Back