• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

nitro axles

altierior

NAXJA Forum User
opinions on this brand? i have an '00 with '99 HP D30 swapped in, 4.56's and ARB locked. i wheel it once or twice a month. i wheel it a little hard, but i don't beat the crap out of it as it's my dd. still, i break stuff. a lot. right now, it's a broken axle and probably time to upgrade.

My opinion is good on these:eek:
But really, they are a great product, and we are here posting!

opinions on this brand? i have an '00 with '99 HP D30 swapped in, 4.56's and ARB locked. i wheel it once or twice a month. i wheel it a little hard, but i don't beat the crap out of it as it's my dd. still, i break stuff. a lot. right now, it's a broken axle and probably time to upgrade.

i just put a set of outers in my 44

had them in some pretty nasty undercuts where my torque converter would begin slipping.

also some decent full throttle hillclimbs and they held up.

good prices too.

stock shafts and yukon shafts don't hold up nearly as well.

i just put a set of outers in my 44

had them in some pretty nasty undercuts where my torque converter would begin slipping.

also some decent full throttle hillclimbs and they held up.

good prices too.

stock shafts and yukon shafts don't hold up nearly as well.

Randy's will have their new Yukon Hardcore line out soon. American made, tested side by side next to Warn shafts in which Randy's bought, and the hardcores broke at a couple hundred ft lbs more. Strong stuff, I've seen it first hand.

The regular Yukon line will be available as well, but will be much improved. There were some heat treating issues with some of the older stuff, but those issues have been corrected, and there will be no worries with the new line. The hardcore's will be some of the strongest shafts on the market, and American made. Also with the new acquisition of the Warn axle division, Randy's will stock the hub conversion kits, winches, and all other Warn products will be available soon.

Last edited:
I've got perhaps a little more background on Nitro stuff than a lot of you will get.

If I were going to buy an axle today, it would be Nitro. Ten Factory is high on my list as well, but they don't have a full product line available yet and aren't a NAXJA sponsor (which carries a lot of weight with me).

The price and warranty are great too.

Ive heard the Nitro stuff is basically rebadged Alloy stock probably straight from the Indian vendor who manufactured it. So yes it's probably pretty good. Now will they be able to fix anything if something goes wrong is the question.

Ive heard the Nitro stuff is basically rebadged Alloy stock probably straight from the Indian vendor who manufactured it. So yes it's probably pretty good. Now will they be able to fix anything if something goes wrong is the question.

I don't think thats entirely accuracte, I'm pretty sure I know where the leftover alloy stock went, and I don't think it was Nitro.

They might have the same source, though. Good stuff either way.

Oh thats what I meant the Nitro axle line was born by buying from the vendor who made the Alloy line. Or at least thats what Ive heard, could be wrong:dunno:.

I have also heard of the new Yukon stuff and it should be very good if it ever gets here.

The new Yukon stuff I've heard is improved Warn stuff (Yukon bought Warn's axle division). The warn stuff is good, but was never as good as most of the other CrMo axle vendors out there, so 'better' still may not be as good.. only time will tell.

For now, Nitro and Ten have my confidence. We'll see who else is in the game next year - but customer service is a REALLY BIG FACTOR for me, and both of those brands have it covered (as does National Drivetrain).

The new Yukon stuff I've heard is improved Warn stuff (Yukon bought Warn's axle division). The warn stuff is good, but was never as good as most of the other CrMo axle vendors out there, so 'better' still may not be as good.. only time will tell.

For now, Nitro and Ten have my confidence. We'll see who else is in the game next year - but customer service is a REALLY BIG FACTOR for me, and both of those brands have it covered (as does National Drivetrain).

Warn wasn't as good? The Warn stuff was the best out there. I work at Randy's if that isn't already obvious. We have broken superior shafts, Warn shafts, and Alloy USA shafts. The Warns were strongest.

Warn wasn't as good? The Warn stuff was the best out there. I work at Randy's if that isn't already obvious. We have broken superior shafts, Warn shafts, and Alloy USA shafts. The Warns were strongest.

I guess where you work should have been obvious, but I missed it. ;)

We've had different experiances, but it may have to do with exposure, too. Most of the warn stuff I see is several years old and hammered on. The other vendors axles that I've dealt with havent havent had time to get that hammered yet?

I guess where you work should have been obvious, but I missed it. ;)

We've had different experiances, but it may have to do with exposure, too. Most of the warn stuff I see is several years old and hammered on. The other vendors axles that I've dealt with havent havent had time to get that hammered yet?

Yeah maybe so. Metal will fatigue over time as you know. I see alot of Yukon bashing on here. I guess I can say it's justified, we did have some heat treating issues on a couple of shipments. That has been taken care of. Randy has spent hundreds of thousands on a new quality lab, and hired 5 new people to ensure things like this don't happen again. I'm pretty sure no one in the industry has spent as much to insure a great product.

Yeah maybe so. Metal will fatigue over time as you know. I see alot of Yukon bashing on here. I guess I can say it's justified, we did have some heat treating issues on a couple of shipments. That has been taken care of. Randy has spent hundreds of thousands on a new quality lab, and hired 5 new people to ensure things like this don't happen again. I'm pretty sure no one in the industry has spent as much to insure a great product.

I'm always willing to give a vendor/brand/product a fresh new chance when there is an effort made to renew it. I think a lot of others here feel that way too.

I can't say that Randy's has not treated us (at least the SoCal guys) pretty good in the past. Brooke came down for a big event a couple years ago with some free stuff, spent the weekend wheeling with us.. and there's a long history of pretty good customer service.

it took a little while for my thread to get some action :rof:

ok, i went with the Nitros. installed them a few weeks ago. i've wheeled once since the install, and my water pump crapped out early in the day, so it wasn't much of a test.

i'm wheeling Rausch Creek next week (blues/blacks). then mudding at the new jersey pine barrens in May. then wheeling Big Dogs in June. i'll post up if anything interesting happens.

ok, i went with the Nitros. installed them a few weeks ago. i've wheeled once since the install, and my water pump crapped out early in the day, so it wasn't much of a test.

i'm wheeling Rausch Creek next week (blues/blacks). then mudding at the new jersey pine barrens in May. then wheeling Big Dogs in June. i'll post up if anything interesting happens.

Sounds like it's working great for you. I'm sure the Nitro gears are a great gear. I'm not going to get on here and bash Nitro like those guys do to Yukon. They are both great gears.

Sounds like it's working great for you. I'm sure the Nitro gears are a great gear. I'm not going to get on here and bash Nitro like those guys do to Yukon. They are both great gears.

i'm talking about axles :shhh:

Back