• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TSF fun run

just keep me posted, ive never been and would like some help out there if thats cool. have a 87 with 4.5 lift on 33 super swampers. not sure about much more than that. just got this jeep about three weeks ago. its my first 4x4. any day is cool with me.

just keep me posted, ive never been and would like some help out there if thats cool. have a 87 with 4.5 lift on 33 super swampers. not sure about much more than that. just got this jeep about three weeks ago. its my first 4x4. any day is cool with me.
well we live in the same town, so we'l have to meet up and head out sometime. I know TSF pretty well. I carry a map in every rig aswell.

If i can get it figured out for next thursday, it would be a
xj with 3.5RE lift and 33" KM2s
5.9ZJ with 4" lift on 32"s..

Ok so I have to ask where is TSF? We have only had a wheeler of our own for a short time so really haven't got to get out and find many places to have fun at yet.

Tillamook State Forest. you;ll head down HWY 6 like your going to the coast. after that i have no idea, thats why i want someone to show me. you should try to come with us. i'm new to 4x4 as well it would be nice not to be the only noob.:viking:

Tillamook State Forest. you;ll head down HWY 6 like your going to the coast. after that i have no idea, thats why i want someone to show me. you should try to come with us. i'm new to 4x4 as well it would be nice not to be the only noob.:viking:
If someone is willing to PM me the when and where, but like you I will have to be able to follow someone have no clue where I would be going. I would love to go need to get out and play a little in my jeep so I can see and feel the difference from stock hight to lifted. I'm only going to get 3" but I'm sure it will make a diff

so lets set up a noob run. maybe the same weekend as the north end hypotherm......thing (March 28th). i'm sure a cpl others would be willing to come along. we'll help show you guys the ropes, tricks, technique, etc... we can do some easy then moderate trails, and then maybe if you guys are comfortable a cpl of the semi challenging ones ?

What ya think ? anyother noobies interested ? if you guys are interested i'll post up a thread with details. lemme know. . . . .

hay im down. how bout a little waterfall action, i have never seen you (rod) run it. besides, there is no better way to meet people then to go wheelin with them.

Last edited:
Im down although not to sure what all places my jeep can make it being stock height and all

haha, well lets set up a meet. I go up all the time, still havnt got the timing 100% right to actually wheel with a NAXJA group for more then 1 trail, but it is a good way to forget life at home and have some fun.

If someone is willing to PM me the when and where, but like you I will have to be able to follow someone have no clue where I would be going. I would love to go need to get out and play a little in my jeep so I can see and feel the difference from stock hight to lifted. I'm only going to get 3" but I'm sure it will make a diff
Dont need to PM you, lets set something up here in this thread. Im willing to meet up with anyone in town to show them the way.
3" lift is Plenty for your first time. Even a stock rig can get around and have fun on some trails.

hay im down. how bout a little waterfall action, i have never seen you (rod) run it. besides, there is no better way to meet people then to go wheelin with them.
I love goin up waterfall, cant believe i've done it but big bad rod hasnt?
C'mon man, i was on 31"s :rolleyes:

Shotgun! Oh wait, I might actually have a working Jeep by then...
hahaha Thats the same thing that just went threw my mind. :scared:
Im down although not to sure what all places my jeep can make it being stock height and all
as long as you feel the rig is reliable enough to make the drive. and you have the gas to go, you should be fine.
I have two XJ's right now, and my *good* running one isnt lifted yet. im going no matter what. but i might not have my lift swapped over yet. gotta see if i can get my RE trac bar before i can start the work..

Sense there are atleast Two noobs, their are a few tips and rules for TSF,

Rule: you must have an ATV sticker, you can find these at many places, Joes, Gales creek Shell, DMV, etc they normally run $10.50 and its a sticker for the vehicle.

Tip:top off your fuel at the gales creek shell station

Tip:A spare tire, and some kind of recovery point is extremely helpful, atleast a trailor hitch. and nobody will be mad if you bring extra tools/parts:rolleyes:

I love goin up waterfall, cant believe i've done it but big bad rod hasnt?
C'mon man, i was on 31"s :rolleyes:

been there done that ! it's just happens to always be at 2am on the night runs when it's my turn. ask JR. i made it up the left side last summer. my jaw hit the ground when he showed me where my tires were. :eek:

it would be nice to actually do it in the daylight and get some footage next time, lol :clap:

DSC_4063-1.jpg

DSC_4075.jpg

Last edited:
Hahaha jeremy you didnt help much! daves just gonna make fun of me for going down things and then talkin all big, I've gone down waterfall and Lil rubicon, But i've also gone up it aswell..

twice.. first time was in matts Xj, aka JR's old xj

EDIT: and damn that makes my 31"s like tiny

Back