• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who is the leader of the Republican Party?

buschwhaked

NAXJA Forum User
So, just want to get some opinions on this. And by leader, I don't what who the highest ranking republican is, unless that is the sole basis by which you make that decision.

J/C

Well, if you go by appointed position, you could say Michael Steele. Future though, I'm gonna say Jindal, Crist, Pawlenty and Blunt (man, I really hope he stays in politics).

Just curious who you think the leader of your party (or at least the one you seem to back non-stop on here) is...? Pelosi? Reid? Sharpton? Olbermann?

CNN says it is Limbaugh, but that is crap. Limbaugh follows the views of conservativism, but it is a correlated relationship, not a causal one.

The only people who say Limbaugh is the leader of the Republicans and was a Bush suckup never listened to all of one of his shows, much less a few of them. Dude hammered Bush as hard as he has hammered Obama.

Just curious who you think the leader of your party (or at least the one you seem to back non-stop on here) is...? Pelosi? Reid? Sharpton? Olbermann?

Well, the leader of our party is currently the President. But in the future, I don't really know. I have a feeling Hillary is going to run again :cool: but I think she'll meet the same fate she did last time. Probably it's going to be a governor. I like Claire McCaskill (Senator from Missouri). In about 8 years she'll have had enough time to make a name for herself.

Pelosi, Reid, Sharpton, and Olbermann are like the Democrat's version of Rush, Pat Robertson, Michele Bachmann, Eric Cantor, Carl Rove, John Boehner, James Dobson...the list goes on. We all have eccentric people in both partys. You shouldn't act like you don't. I don't assume they're the leader of the Republican party.

Anyway, you really think Jindal? I can see it but his first introduction to the national stage was a bit rough IMO.

Should the Republican Party go more to the hardline conservative ideology or more to the middle in order to gain pack power on the federal level?

Well, the leader of our party is currently the President. But in the future, I don't really know. I have a feeling Hillary is going to run again :cool: but I think she'll meet the same fate she did last time. Probably it's going to be a governor. I like Claire McCaskill (Senator from Missouri). In about 8 years she'll have had enough time to make a name for herself.

Pelosi, Reid, Sharpton, and Olbermann are like the Democrat's version of Rush, Pat Robertson, Michele Bachmann, Eric Cantor, Carl Rove, John Boehner, James Dobson...the list goes on. We all have eccentric people in both partys. You shouldn't act like you don't. I don't assume they're the leader of the Republican party.

Anyway, you really think Jindal? I can see it but his first introduction to the national stage was a bit rough IMO.

Should the Republican Party go more to the hardline conservative ideology or more to the middle in order to gain pack power on the federal level?

You really think Obama is calling the shots? I think he's a puppet.... Bachmann? Cantor? Come on...weak. They are nowhere near fanatical like Reid and Pelosi. You pulled out some interesting names there....but I won't get into that.

Why is everyone saying Jindal's rebuttal was bad??? I listened to every word he had to say - and I couldn't stand listening to Obama's speech for more than 8 seconds. I thought Jindal's little personal story at the beginning was an awesome kick in the nuts to Socialized Medicine....

Personally, I'm wishing the Libertarian movement would take off....

See: Sheeple

Most people just continue voting for the same idiot year after year....

I don't know how many times I've heard someone say "I don't know who to vote for...who are YOU voting for....oh really...well that sounds good, I'll vote for him/her too"

Personally, I consider myself more a blue dog democrat. Which really is just a liberal republican minus the religious right stuff as a kicker.

I like guns and jeeps. But I also believe if there was an affordable environmentally responsible alternative that could be just as capable as a jeep I would jump on it. And there is a place for sensible gun laws that should be kept out of federal hands and left up to the states.

By that same token, our healthcare system is broken, and a change can't wait much longer. At least Obama has a plan to try and fix it.

I also don't think corporate America and special interests should have more of a say in our government than the people. I also don't think the future of the American economy lies in trying to get back to the Reagan era. America's tangible contributions to the global market no longer lies in our ability to produce cars and disposable goods. Southeast Asia and Mexico is following in our footsteps.

The future of American industry is our ability to invent and patent new ideas. Vaccines, medical devices, technology advances, and yes, green technology. The future of national security (and yes, our planet) rests in our ability, America's ability, to wean ourselves off of first Middle Eastern oil, then foreign oil, and then oil in general. But to do all of this we need to reinvest in both our infrastructure and education programs.

No Child Left Behind was a horrible bill when it wasn't funded. Now it is going to be funded. But we can't stop there. No longer should a young adult have to essentially buy a house in order to afford a quality education. A four year college degree is the new high school diploma. Should it be free? I don't know, but it can't stay like it is. The growing cost of higher education is significantly outpacing the mean income of the middle class making it only affordable to the rich, furthering the income gap. (Which by the way, has been a major contributing factor in quite a few revolutions throughout history). The WWII GI Bill proved that a sizable investment in higher education reaps major tangible rewards in the economy later on.

I could go on. But that's a lot of it.

I generally find Pelosi and Reid a little too far left at some points. I'm sure even the most adamant Republican would cringe at some of the stuff that comes out of the Republican leadership. How could I forget Ann Coulter! lol I really wish that woman would just go away. She does the Republican party no good. I really loved it when John Edwards wife busted her out live on MSNBC. She looked like she was sitting on an ant pile she was squirming so bad. She is certifiably crazy.

Last edited:
Government Healthcare.
What if you go in to their doctor and tell them you fell and hit your head. Well they decide it is a bruise, give you your lollypop and send you home. You say, what about x-rays. they say NO. Or, what if you feel you need an MRI? Where do you go for an appeal? Another Government Doctor? How long will that take? I hear in Canada, there is a 17-week wait for non-emergency surgeries.

BOB

Government Healthcare.
What if you go in to their doctor and tell them you fell and hit your head. Well they decide it is a bruise, give you your lollypop and send you home. You say, what about x-rays. they say NO. Or, what if you feel you need an MRI? Where do you go for an appeal? Another Government Doctor? How long will that take? I hear in Canada, there is a 17-week wait for non-emergency surgeries.

BOB

Ok...so what is your plan? Or is nitpicking every idea put forward all there is left?

BTW, are trying to say that America can't do something better than Canada?

Ok...so what is your plan? Or is nitpicking every idea put forward all there is left?

BTW, are trying to say that America can't do something better than Canada?

my idea is too keep Healthcare privately owned and better regulated.
more co-ordination between insurance carriers, Medical providers and regulators. doctor fees and healthcare costs are skyrocketing and then the insurance costs follow along. Then employers have to pay high costs of healthcare insurance for their employees.

I can't tell you what will work. But, I can sure tell you what won't work.

If you believe Government Healthcare will be FREE, your dreaming buddy. It will come out of your pocket one way or another. You can Bank on that.

BOB

Personally, I consider myself more a blue dog democrat. Which really is just a liberal republican minus the religious right stuff as a kicker.

I like guns and jeeps. But I also believe if there was an affordable environmentally responsible alternative that could be just as capable as a jeep I would jump on it. And there is a place for sensible gun laws that should be kept out of federal hands and left up to the states.

By that same token, our healthcare system is broken, and a change can't wait much longer. At least Obama has a plan to try and fix it.

I also don't think corporate America and special interests should have more of a say in our government than the people. I also don't think the future of the American economy lies in trying to get back to the Reagan era. America's tangible contributions to the global market no longer lies in our ability to produce cars and disposable goods. Southeast Asia and Mexico is following in our footsteps.

The future of American industry is our ability to invent and patent new ideas. Vaccines, medical devices, technology advances, and yes, green technology. The future of national security (and yes, our planet) rests in our ability, America's ability, to wean ourselves off of first Middle Eastern oil, then foreign oil, and then oil in general. But to do all of this we need to reinvest in both our infrastructure and education programs.

No Child Left Behind was a horrible bill when it wasn't funded. Now it is going to be funded. But we can't stop there. No longer should a young adult have to essentially buy a house in order to afford a quality education. A four year college degree is the new high school diploma. Should it be free? I don't know, but it can't stay like it is. The growing cost of higher education is significantly outpacing the mean income of the middle class making it only affordable to the rich, furthering the income gap. (Which by the way, has been a major contributing factor in quite a few revolutions throughout history). The WWII GI Bill proved that a sizable investment in higher education reaps major tangible rewards in the economy later on.

I could go on. But that's a lot of it.

I generally find Pelosi and Reid a little too far left at some points. I'm sure even the most adamant Republican would cringe at some of the stuff that comes out of the Republican leadership. How could I forget Ann Coulter! lol I really wish that woman would just go away. She does the Republican party no good. I really loved it when John Edwards wife busted her out live on MSNBC. She looked like she was sitting on an ant pile she was squirming so bad. She is certifiably crazy.

Dammit, I hate to say it...I agree with a lot of what you say - except for the Healthcare reform - yes, it is broken, but no, Obama's plan is NOT the way to fix it. Socialized medicine will only make it worse.

For the eleventy billionth time - remove the illegal immigrants (and the laws that force docs to treat them for FREE) and nip the problem at the source - medical insurance is high b/c docs fees are high b/c MALPRACTICE INSURANCE IS HIGH.

SO! This thread has died rather quickly. No one have a single name they want to throw out there as the leader of the Republican party right now? Is it an uncomfortable subject or something? :D

I don't know, mid cycle it is kinda of hard to pick someone. Who would you have called the leader of the democrats 3 years ago, there were 3 or 4 names in the front them, just like the republicans now.

Choosing Obama is a copout. He is not the leader of his party, and the Democratic party appears to be beginning to split a little ideologically. He is titularly the head since he is president, but I would still probably finger Pelosi as the leader as far as control of members and such goes.

Back