• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1999-2001 2-door XJ's... Do they exist in the US?

anthrax323

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys,

I'm looking at jumping into the XJ scene (as my first car was an '87 Grand Wagoneer and I've been a Jeep aficionado ever since), but I'd really like to go the 2-door route on my purchase. Unfortunately, all I can seem to find are 1996 and earlier 2-door models. From what I've read, I know they made 2-door models in the late-model XJ (1997-2001) but I'm getting the feeling they did not import them to the US. Is this the case? If so, how difficult would it be to import one from Canada (as I've seen a few for sale in British Columbia)? Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

Regards,
Campbell

i dunno man in my town im the only one with a 97+ (99) 2 door.

YES!
My first born is driving one 99 2 door 2 WD 5 speed. It's the only one like that I have ever seen and I want it back. Phillpy!!!!

Last edited:
Importing to the States is easy, and I'm in BC if you need any help or want me to go check one out for you.

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/cto/1050967956.html

1997 Jeep Cherokee, 2-door, V6 and 4 liter engine. 169,000 km on the odometer.
One owner. Never been in an accident. Well maintained mechanically. Priced for quick sale.
contact 778-866-8816.

Come on a V6 and a 4 Liter? that thing must really move!

I've seen a few 2-doors in the later series, but as others have mentioned, they're pretty rare. In addition, I don't recall seeing many, if any, in higher trim levels. High-trim 2-doors have always been rare, but if they exist in the post-97 line, they're rarer still.

My pics are on photobucket but my computer wont let me click on any smileys or the thing to insert pics.

HPIM0431.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all the input guys - I realized I had only been searching locally, which probably explained why I didn't see any for sale :) . Hopefully I'll be an XJ owner soon.

Back