• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MJ Shackles

I have a set of shackles off of an 89 MJ. The rubber bushings could use replacing. I have a set on my 95 XJ. I replaced the bushings on mine with Daystar bushings. I can dig up the part number if needed (I got the bushing from Absolute Offroad).

$40. Local only for now.

1000609.jpg

I dug up some informtion on the bushing for MJ and XJ shackles. The ones I used on mine were Daystar "Rear Frame Shackle Bushing Kit" for the 84-93 MJ and for 84-01 XJ part number KJ02010BK.

are these longer then xj shackles?

yes 3/4 of an inch if i remember

yes they are longer than stock xj shackles. i dont recall exactly but 3/4" sounds about right.

I had stock xj shackles with my cRustys 4.5" springs. my shackle box and the leaf eye had marks on them where the two had made contact quite a bit before. my shackle angle also sucked bad with the stockers. now with the mj shackles, the eye does not make contact with the shackle box. it also allowed my leafs to FINALLY settle after almost 2 years. ride quality is a lot better and the rear flexes a little more too. this was my experience, yours may vary.

Back