• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What will you do with your $13.00 a week from Obama

BOB

MWC geezer
NAXJA Member
The stimulus plan set forth by Obama includes a tax cut for individuals earning up to $75,000.00 per year, that amounts to a whopping $13.00 a week.

So...what will you do with your $13.00 a week?

I guess I will buy Lotto tickets and Hope like Obama wants us to.

BOB

Beer money!

mine is going to go straight in the fuel tank

$676 is better than what I have now...

Sure, if you got it all at once. But you aren't, you are getting $13 a week. Are you gonna save that all and then have $676 cash at the end of the year? Is anybody going to do that? Probably not. Thirteen dollars per paycheck is so inconsequential to peoples' incomes that it is a waste of our(taxpayers') money; and is ludicrous to think that it will do anything at all to help this failing economy.............:lecture:

That 13.00 is as good as monopoly money as far as I'm concerned.

http://www.2009stimuluscheck.info/

Some more news to report on the 2009 stimulus check…
The recent stimulus package passed by congress (American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009) has now had the finer details examined and it can now be confirmed that the only mention in the act that relates to a 2009 stimulus check is by way of a section describing a tax credit which will be the lower of $500 or 6.2% of the yearly income of a taxpayer.

So any taxpayer who earns $3100 or more per year will receive a credit of $500. If the taxpayer earns less than $3100 per year then the 2009 stimulus check will be 6.2% of the yearly income. For joint filers the maximum figure is $1000.
If you qualify for a check then in order to receive it you need to file your taxes. For this I recommend TaxAct who provide a free service along with their paid services and can get your refund in as little as 9 days. For more information click here.
For those interested in studying the actual wording of the Act, they will find this in section 1001 of the American Recovery and Investment Act of 2009. This section is titled “Making Work Pay Credit”. There is no actual mention of a 2009 stimulus check.
One other hoped for stimulus was conspicuous by its absence from the stimulus package. This was the possibility for penalty free access to retirement funds, be that a 401(k) or an IRA fund. It was hoped by many that in the case of hardship a withdrawal would have been possible without incurring a penalty. This approach was favored over the 2009 stimulus check proposal by many experts as this would have resulted in a stimulus to the economy without it being at the expense of the taxpayer.

btw, I just heard, this reduces to $8.00 a week next year.

:soapbox:

BOB

I'm gonna put mine in my savings account, just so that it won't stimulate the economy.

im going to put my 8 dollars a month towards strippers, yanno what they say support single moms, so im stimulating the economy in a sense right?

Sure, if you got it all at once. But you aren't, you are getting $13 a week. Are you gonna save that all and then have $676 cash at the end of the year? Is anybody going to do that? Probably not. Thirteen dollars per paycheck is so inconsequential to peoples' incomes that it is a waste of our(taxpayers') money; and is ludicrous to think that it will do anything at all to help this failing economy.............:lecture:
ok, you can give me yours then.

Back