• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

$500 89 XJ?

Skullver

Still Flailing
Well I was approached at the metal shop yesterday about a running 1989 XJ a guy wants to get rid of for $500. I was VERY tempted but I already have two projects and would lose my mind with another. He said it is straight and runs good if anybody is interested in a cheap jeep, I was planning on going to check it out anyways, maybe it has a D44 rear end?

I was going to go by there later today, if I can find the time. I will snap a couple pics and get the guy's number for you.
Chris

Captain Ron said:
Better hurry. I've been eyballing it for a few weeks. It might be gone tomorrow.

--ron
Right on, he was saying somebody else was interested, post back if you don't grab it. It would be nice for somebody in the NAXJA community to have it rather than seeing it in a few months with cow stickers, spinners, and circus music blaring.:)

Captain Ron said:
Better hurry. I've been eyballing it for a few weeks. It might be gone tomorrow.

--ron

Didn't you buy enough cheap XJs a couple of years ago?!!!! :D

I just bought one. '91, white, 160,000. Great shape for $1300. My brother needed a DD.

I'll let you know if I see another.

--ron

GSequoia said:
It doesn't happen to be a two door with a stick, is it? My dad is on the lookout.

Bottle of Captain's for you Ron if you find one for him.

I got a 2 door, stick that i could be talked into selling...

its an MJ though :D

GSequoia said:
That's 2WD, yes?

Also long bed or short?

yes

short

and my DD right now...

I have 1100 into it with a BRAND NEW Sony MP3/CD Player just installed...

that is literally the only modification im doing to this vehicle...

riiiiiiiiight...

Back