• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

engine revving after driving???

mitsumotors

NAXJA Forum User
my 91 4.0 is acting strange lately. i installed a vac gauge a while back so i could check for problems and still have it mounted in the cab. when i start up the jeep it idles around 800rpm and is at about 17 on the vac gauge. but after driving for a while when i stop and put it in park it revs up to around 1200rpm and is sitting at about 21 on the vac gauge. i have no idea what could be going on here. anyone?

I'm just saying I would just replace it. I like things new.

Still need to clean the bore it sits in anyway. I don't really consider $50 to be cheap when 10-cents of carb cleaner and a toothbrush are all it needs. Its not like a bad one will strand you anywhere like the CPS sensor.

I'm just saying I would just replace it. I like things new.

Everybody has a different way. I like things old. That's why I have an XJ. If I can clean it, glue it, or weld it without spending money, I feel like I accomplished something cool. It's like a challenge to me. And I don't trust new parts until they have passed the test of time.:sunshine:

Still need to clean the bore it sits in anyway. I don't really consider $50 to be cheap when 10-cents of carb cleaner and a toothbrush are all it needs. Its not like a bad one will strand you anywhere like the CPS sensor.
I'm not sure where you saw one for $50. I got new spark plugs and wires, new distributor cap and rotor, and a new IAC all for $50.

Back