• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

crowm vic disc brake ?s

shortxjdoug

NAXJA Forum User
ok i got my brackets and went to put them on the d-44, parts guy said they came off the same rearend, right side caliper is on the forward side of the rotor and the left (driver) side caliper is on the rearward side of the rotor, this has to be right since the brackets came off the same axle but it just doesn't seem right to me, is this the way it should be?

snap some picture to make this eaiser to understand

shortxjdoug said:
ok i got my brackets and went to put them on the d-44, parts guy said they came off the same rearend, right side caliper is on the forward side of the rotor and the left (driver) side caliper is on the rearward side of the rotor, this has to be right since the brackets came off the same axle but it just doesn't seem right to me, is this the way it should be?

Yes this is correct.
Some people when they put the backing plates on grind more off of one side (i can't remember which at the momment) so that both point the same direction.
There are some pictures out on the web of both setups if you look, i just don't have any links at hand to share ATM.

XJ88User said:
Yes this is correct.
Some people when they put the backing plates on grind more off of one side (i can't remember which at the momment) so that both point the same direction.
There are some pictures out on the web of both setups if you look, i just don't have any links at hand to share ATM.

ahhh thank you, the info is much appreciated

I'd watch out for changing the passanger side so that it matches the drivers side. I don't remember, but check and make sure that the bleeder valve will still be on top or you'll have a hell of a time getting the air out of the caliper. It'll work just fine with them on opposide sides of the axle tube though, so why mess with it?

Back