• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wiring Switches for Aux Lights

CSXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I've searched all over and I think I have it all figured out, but I'd like to validate that what I've sketched up is correct before wiring up my 4 Hella 500 lights, as well as help out anyone else that is trying to do the same thing.

Here's how I want them to work:

Fog lights:
- On only when running lights are on and switch is on.
- Off when switch is in off position

Driving lights:
- On when running lights are on and switch is in Top position
- Off when switch in in Center position
- On when High Beams are on and switch is in Down position

I plan on using the following 2 switches from http://offroadcontrols.com/orccomp.htm
- CARLING On-Off Switch- SPST (Part No. C210) for Fog lights
- On-Off-On Switch- SPDT (Part No. C205) for Driving lights

Here's the wiring diagram I sketched up for this set up. Let me know if I've got it right or if you have any other suggestions.

aux_light_wiring2.gif

Cheers!

Looks good to me. Hadn't really thought about tying the driving lights into the high beams. Sounds pretty convenient. One thing you may want to consider is that technically your fogs are supposed to be hooked up in such a fashion that when your high beams are on the fogs automatically turn off.

Also, most folks just tie into a 12V ignition switched source for the hot into the switch which would allow you to turn your lights on indepedent of the running lights. Then again, I guess you'd probably have your running lights on anyways if you needed your fogs/drivers. If you can find an easy spot to tap into the running lights in the general vicinity of where you plan to mount your switches then I don't see a problem with it.

Back