• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Feeler: Might be selling and buying FSJ and XJ

MischiefMan

NAXJA Forum User
Well, my daughter is now 16 and wanting a vehicle of her own. I'm going to try to talk her into an XJ....since she doesn't like the FSJ. Alternatively, she might get my car in which case I'll need to get a daily driver.

This may mean that the FSJ will be for sale for $1000 and I'll be looking for an XJ for around the same price.

Another alternative would be for me to just get my XJ finished and streetable, but if I can find another for the right price I would consider getting it though.

Then there is the 77 Cherokee that is missing the front clip that is in my garage that I would be willing to sell for $400. :)

Anyway, if anyone has anything interesting to offer or wants to see the ones I have, let me know.

some of my friends that want to drive something not so 2wd dodge dakota-y

and cool cool, its not like he could afford it either, he's gotta sell his crappy ford and the dodge before he could get another vehicle

pardon my stupidity but what is an FSJ?

Jeep's SJ platform was part of the "FSJ" or full-size Jeep lineup. According to the International Full Size Jeep Association, an "FSJ" is any vehicle produced in North America, carrying the "Jeep" nameplate, with 2 or 4 doors, in rear or four wheel drive, whose wheelbase does not exceed 132 in, nor is less than 109 in, and whose tread width is no more than 67 in nor less than 57 in. This definition is known to include the following models:

1963-1983 Jeep Wagoneer
1974-1983 Jeep Cherokee
1984-1992 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
1963-1971 Jeep Gladiator
1972-1988 Jeep Honcho/J-Truck

The FSJ in question would be a 1988 Grand Wagoneer.

As far as jumping in to run with the big boys...lifting the FSJ is a lot less expensive than the XJ to achieve the same height. It also has D44's front and rear, so that's a benefit. The 360 V8 provides more than enough power to make it's way over crap also.

Back