• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 30 questions...HELP!

chucknes

NAXJA Forum User
i have a d 30 front with diso. i recently found that my axle ears are junk on both sides. i talked to some people and was refered to east coast gear supply. (supper helpful). thanks dan from ruff stuff. any how i ordered a complete set of non disco alloys now i am afraid that i will have trouble on the install due to seals. please keep in mind that i live in germany (army) and the only way i can get parts is via usps to an APO. if there is any one out there than can help me please do!

your going to need a plate to cover up the discos seal, gotta buy that part, but hte axle shafts will just slide in. remove the axle nut first, this is going to be a pain, get an impact wrench if a breaker bar wont do it, then use a gear puller from pep boys to pull the hub assembly apart from the axle shaft, make sure you take out the 3 hub bolts first. Use the gear puller at your own risk though, its possibly it may damage your hubs and split them in 2.

hubs are easy i already pushed them out from behind using a 1 inch extension against the already buggered up shafts, just hold it in and turn the wheel. it ruined the hubs but new ones are on the way so its cool. so i guess its just bolt up and goo huh? thanks for the info!
-chuck

hubs are easy i already pushed them out from behind using a 1 inch extension against the already buggered up shafts, just hold it in and turn the wheel. it ruined the hubs but new ones are on the way so its cool. so i guess its just bolt up and goo huh? thanks for the info!
-chuck

Whoa, not quite that easy! First there is a bushing that will need to be gotten out of the way for the new seal to go into(pass side under the cover for the disconnect) you should be able to pull this out by hand or a finger, then the inner shaft will need to be pulled out and the old outer seal will need to be knocked out. You can do that with a piece of pipe or long punch.

Then you can install the shafts and put the cover on.

You're gonna need to install a seal next to the carrier like on the driver side. I don't know the part number but it has been posted to this site before. Most people use a healthy dose of silicone to help hold the seal in and seal the outer edge. Oh, and Hoorah!!

Back