• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tranny shift handle removal

xj-jonny

NAXJA Forum User
how do i take the t handle off tha tranny shifter on a 00 sport auto. i cand see any clip or set screw on it. wanna drill some holes to mount some switches and it would be much easier to do off the heep but it looks like i might be doing it in place

put the jeep in 1-2, with it off obviously, get in the back seat and give the handle a good tug. pulls straight off

put the jeep in 1-2, with it off obviously, get in the back seat and give the handle a good tug. pulls straight off
Mine was stuck! I though I was going to break the dam thing,it was even harder the get the grand shifter on

I've been able to pull the handle off my '99 while in park, and sitting in the drivers seat.

Just make sure that when it does come loose, that you aren't positioned in such a way that it will come flying into your face.

Back