• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Getting 2" of lft from two XJ spring packs?

KaiserMan

NAXJA Forum User
I've got a cracked main leaf on one of my spring pack in my 90, and just picked up some low mile packs from a 97+ (don't know the year) XJ.

I've read alot about using leafs from S10's and other trucks, but have not found much about using more XJ leafs.

I was planning on cutting the eyes of my old mains and putting them under the "new" mains.

Anyone have an idea of what kind of lift I would get from that? Or know what combo of leafs I could use for 2"? I have some 1" zero rate aal's if I need to get an inch that way. It's going to get some 2" spacers up front to level it out.

Thanks.

Sounds like I might get a bit over 2" of lift then with the used spring packs. A slight rake would be nice. I can always pull the zero rates out if I have to.

Thanks.

I had actually read that a while back and forgotten about it. Thanks. Sounds like I'll try the main leaf and add the block later if need be.

I might try a small over load. This is replacing a 1/2 ton FSJ as my beater and I tend to load my beaters up pretty well.

On my old 96 2wd, I had added a full length RE AAL. It was pretty harsh. I was going to build the custom pack but I decided totalling it doing 60 would be better. Just so you know.

On my old 96 2wd, I had added a full length RE AAL. It was pretty harsh. I was going to build the custom pack but I decided totalling it doing 60 would be better. Just so you know.

Harsh does not bother me much. I've got NOS M715 springs (715lb rate) in my 71 with 8 ply bias tires. Anything sprung below tank level is like a Caddy to me.

Or course my 71 probably has 1600lbs on the XJ.

I'm just hoping I don't snap the bolt that goes into the frame channel. That would ruin my day.

Well my old measurements (from the bottom of the flair to the center of the wheel) was 16" drivers and 16 1/8" on the passangers. Now I'm at 19 drivers and 18 3/8" passangers.

Not real happy with the odd amount on the passangers side. Not sure what I will do about that. I'll take a better look in the morning, maybe something will be obviously out of place.

Turned out that both my old main leafs where cracked, and the two lower leafs on the passengers side where as well.

I'll see how high the front ends up with the spacers and decide if I should do something else with the rear.

The new measurement from the bottom of flair to wheel center is 19", so I got 2" of lift over stock height.

I ended up with the extra main leafs, plus a 3/4" zero rate aal on each side. The one side with the lower number evened out after I jumped on the ball hitch.

Anyone have a clue what stock spring rate is and what this bastard pack is?

Has anyone ever seen a listing of the spring rates for various XJ specific coil springs? I want to know what stiffer springs I can run in my XJ. What is the V8 ZJ spring rate vs. 150 coils? I want actual numbers not just, "stiffer".

Thanks

Back