• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

limit straps?

mattyj

NAXJA Forum User
Quick question..... Can you twist limit straps to reduce their operating length? Anyone done this?
I want some inch or so shorter ones but dont feel like dropping anther $50 on a pair.

twisting them will decrease the strength... move your mounts an inch.

Its a common practice Matty.
I have a rather extensive selection of limiting straps, what size do you need?

I'll have to double check what length i have but i believe i'll need 14-15" ones. I might just twist these ones first to see how it feels on climbs. Pretty sure i'll like the shorter length more.

Got to do eveything i can to keep up with the buttbuggy :D

Last edited:
You just need one? I might have one for ya.
Billy

Actually 2. but thanks anyway.

If you look close in this pic you can see the two straps coming from the unibody rails down to the center of the axle.

IMG_1031.jpg

Why not use your winch?

looks like you have them mounted to the inside corner of the framerails. Just remount them on the outside corner, that should shorten the overall operating length by an inch or so

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but I believe it's to prevent unloading on hill climbs.
Billy

exactly! helps with traction on your front tires on steep climbs.

looks like you have them mounted to the inside corner of the framerails. Just remount them on the outside corner, that should shorten the overall operating length by an inch or so

dont really want to mess with the mounts. Thats more work than necessary.

Back