• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another 44 swap ?

tommyboy

NAXJA Forum User
im doing a hp 44 swap and its my first and i was wondering if there is a thread with step by step instructions with pics of an installation and all new parts ill be needing for the conversion...oh ya and im doing leaves...i searched but couldnt find exactly what i was looking for but maybe i missed one. so if i could be directed in a good direction itd be much appreciated.

alright now im stuck again...what steering can i use for the time being until the funds are right to get all the histeer together. i mean the z barred drag link. where can i pull that from and what tie rod do i pull from due to the axle being 64" wide. and just for kicks..but i think i already know...which tie rods?

Coils and leaves are 2 different subjects when it comes to steering.You are pretty much stuck with almost no choices since you want to run leaves and cant afford "flat-tops".

Is it out of an F250? It should have flattops if im not mistaken. If you're going to run leaves and run it on the road, crossover steering is almost a must. That Z-bar stuff is just scary looking IMO and will cause horrid bumpsteer. Machine the passenger side knuckle, drill and tap it and put a hi-steer arm on there. That way you can get the draglink up and over the leaves and the geometry correct.

Back