• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Will this Fit?

Will this front end off of a 97 Xj fit my 94 Xj? They look so much better then the older style I have and it will make my Jeep unique.

97 Front end:
BUJ_BVS_GPI_FZK_DHB_CSL_DRX_ECR.jpg

My 94 Jeep:
l_ae7a68c34c384a4fd12f903c942880a6.jpg

FrontSide.jpg

Swapping front end sheetmetal across the 1996/1997 line is a fairly common mod, and should work. The sheetmetal swaps, but the structure underneath is different - so you can't really swap the whole front clip.

But, cosmetic is what you're after, and cosmetic should work just fine!

Mainly what i'm looking for is the turn signal, parking lamp, and headlight part of it. The grill is the same but the turn signals, parking lamps, and headlight housings are much different and look 10x better.

If you say so - I happen to prefer the older style. Less "organic-looking" - I like bricks.

You should be able to swap headlamp buckets and such - as I said, the cosmetic parts of the front clip seem to interchange, just not the structure underneath it. It's been done - later front sheetmetal/fascia have also been put on MJs successfully as well. I believe it's a minimum of work to accomplish - simply move the parts over and call it done.

Nuts, bolts and a few screws is what holds the front clip. I know that once you remove the corner lights you will see 2 nuts on either side. Those remove the front clip... but like 5-90 said its not a direct swap.

Nuts, bolts and a few screws is what holds the front clip. I know that once you remove the corner lights you will see 2 nuts on either side. Those remove the front clip... but like 5-90 said its not a direct swap.

Just an FYI - what he's looking at swapping isn't a "front clip" - it's a "grille opening panel." The "front clip" is sheetmetal and structure forward of the A-pillar (essentially the engine bay. Can include the A-pillar and windscreen frame, depends on who you talk to.)

header panel, drive yours to your local u-pull-it lot really early and remove what you have and go hope they have it in there somewhere and get the main pieces and put it back together whatever is missing to make it work go grab, what you dont need leave in their dumpster, or make a beautiful wall collection.

If you want the body lines to match,you will need to change out the fenders also!

And if you can, find a factory fiberglass header panel. I've heard horror stories how some of those aftermarket plastic ones just don't fit right.

It pretty much is a bolt-on affair. You'll have to wire in the new bulb sockets for the turn signals and side markers. The original headlight socket is the same.

Here's my 92 MJ with 97+ header panels, fenders, and doors.

IMG_87511.jpg

How hard were the 97+ doors to install? I was was thinking about the mirrors for my 87 MJ , but looking at those on johnnyc's , hmmm....

Another addition...

IMG_1173.jpg

One of these days it'll get painted...

And if you can, find a factory fiberglass header panel. I've heard horror stories how some of those aftermarket plastic ones just don't fit right.

It pretty much is a bolt-on affair. You'll have to wire in the new bulb sockets for the turn signals and side markers. The original headlight socket is the same.

Here's my 92 MJ with 97+ header panels, fenders, and doors.

IMG_87511.jpg

I like your Mj. There are none around here. So I can get the whole header panel and fenders from a yard and swap them without any modification?

Back