• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

US2 Snow Run Pics.

Metal Thrasher

NAXJA Forum User
It was a great run today. The snow was tough as it was a thick crust of ice with light fluffy powder underneath. We found the Fosss River Road to be closed due to some Utilities Company concerns so we headed for the Beckler River Road - Jacks Pass.

Attending the run were: Hans - Xjourney ( Thank you for setting it up and motivating the pack!!), XJRanger - Obie - ( Welcome to the NW Chapter!! We'll keep ya! ), Alex - BaReido, Lyle -Bruno, Matt West and wife Kristy, And Michael - 2xtreme w/ his son Addison ( Thank you for letting me tag along!). Also attending without their rigs were Matt Adair - IXNAXJ, Kyle - ( sorry not sure on your user name) and myself.

My pictures and movie clips are uploading so it will probably be Sunday before I post many but I will post he first couple here:

P1240084.jpg

P1240061.jpg

More please. :cheers:

~Scott

You couldn't have planned a better teaser if you had tried!!
And I believe it is Opie, not Obie.

Great day guys!!
Thanks,
Michael

I think it is Opie as well. I just can't spell worth a damn sometimes.... :rolleyes:

The unload at the Beckler River Road:
P1240059.jpg

The road was not plowed at all so far. We actually parked right off Hiway 2.
P1240060.jpg

The first break through the of the crust. On this run Michael's rig was probably the heaviest plus had the least clearance. No comments about having an extra 200lbs in the passenger seat are allowed.
P1240063.jpg

Opie shooting back witht he camera ( that happened a lot all day) and Matt Adair piloting Lyle's rig.
P1240064.jpg

P1240066.jpg

Matt West's mobile platform for a Warn 8274 :)

P1240079.jpg

P1240091.jpg

P1240110.jpg

I believe we made it to a point about three miles from the pass. Hans had the skookum GPS and can give more exacting stats on progress. The washout shown in the first photo of this thread ended up being our turn around point after we had gone through and found conditions rapidly diminishing. The trip out was mostly uneventful except one incident that required a couple of winches. I'll leave that one for the others to tell. :rof:

Last edited:
For the record I was pulling Michael out. There is Dr Super Yanker. but we are using a cheapo strap??????????
Must have been a demonstration ;)

We fell short of Jack Pass by 2.8 miles and got to an elevation of 1985 Ft.

I will have some pics up tonight.

BTW love the teaser video Tracy

Last edited:
For the record I was pulling Michael out. There is Dr Super Yanker. but we are using a cheapo strap??????????
Must have been a demonstration ;)

Notice the confused look on my face?:dunno:

That's the uhhh why doesn't someone run 100ft up to my rig and grab the nice strap.:looser:

Pictures and vids uploading now.

-Alex

Here are mine:

Hans beating his way through the trees:
DSCN0128.jpg

DSCN0130.jpg

DSCN0129.jpg

Leading the group:

DSCN0132.jpg

DSCN0134.jpg

DSCN0137.jpg

DSCN0138.jpg

How little I actually sunk in:
DSCN0139.jpg

Group shot for lunch:
DSCN0143.jpg

Matt West through the wash out:
DSCN0144.jpg

DSCN0145.jpg

DSCN0147.jpg

-Alex

004.jpg

007.jpg

Cool Blue Heeler who loved fetching snow balls. And tennis balls. And rocks.
012.jpg

Crazy crytaline formations on the snow:

018.jpg

Lyle, representing:

029.jpg

First stuck of the day:

035.jpg

Opie, upon seeing a rock, humped it into submission:

039.jpg

Matt West's OX didn't want to engage again and got a little hung up here:

051.jpg

Here's Kristi, his wife, telling him to get out and just let her drive:

058.jpg

White Power:

072.jpg

I wanted to see how Lyle's new KM2's worked in the snow. Here is how KM2's work in the snow:

073.jpg

074.jpg

Opie, cold:

078.jpg

Wait for it....

Back